Thursday, February 08, 2007

Go home!

That was exactly what my boss said to me today, at 2.50pm.

I have been sick for a couple of days but the worse part of it was that i had and still have, bad coughs. Bad, deep, congested with thick phlegm coughs.

I was minding my work when i suddenly had an itchy and bad urge to cough. So i went to the wash room and sent my whole lunch down the toilet.

When i got back to my place, he was standing there with his arms on his waist and said, 'Go home!'

I said i will go at quitting time, which was like 2.5 hours away. Besides, i have tonnes to do for my almost-half-a-million-quid project.

Instead, he said 'Pack your things and leave. I want you out of the office in 10 minutes. I will take care of things!'

But of course, i refused - saying that i will go at 5.30 and no later.

He said 'go', i said 'no', he said 'go now', i said 'but..' and it went on and on until finally i surrendered, pack my things and left the office at 3.15pm.

He didn't know that i had saved docs that i need to work on in my thumb drive. I'll still be working from home and be able to complete the things that i have planned to finish today. Haha!

Got home, took my meds, start working on the docs and soon enough, i was dozing in front of the pc.

The meds did what they were supposed to do.

Switched off the pc, took a pillow and slept till 7pm.

Guess i need the rest after all.

No comments: