Monday, September 24, 2007
Sunday, September 23, 2007
The sea of food
Cakes were from this place
Pastel blue cake for Kakak
Pop corn cake for Adik
Deli and I practically took care of everything else. Decorations, arrangement of sitting area and entertainment.
We had fun eating and chatting.
Soon it was cake time!
Engineers at work
The tired kids and cat
Thank you all for coming - Durrah & Haziq
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
Gambar di kidnap dari blog Fiebie. Jangan marah eh, nanti kena jual.
Yes Fiebie, you ols memang chantek semua nyer. Meletops!Read more about his visit here.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
In celebration of Adik’s birthday, we had dinner at Secret Recipe. Somehow the food lacked taste. Don’t ask me why. I didn’t even finish the cordon bleu. Adik didn’t finish his little burgers either.
The kids were given endless choice of birthday cakes and were made to choose the ones they fancy for the party. Kakak changed her mind several times before settling for a sweet chocolate butter cake covered in pastel blue icing. Adik wanted to have a cake with tanks on it but later settled for chocolate butter cake shaped into a pop corn pack with a drizzle of actual pop corn on it. Awesome!
I’m gonna be broke paying for their cakes. Erkk!
I was stuck in an elevator yesterday. Alone. For almost 20 minutes.
I practically called everyone I know to let them know where I was but surprisingly, could not get anyone on the line. Except for the Dutchman. I told him where I was and in case something happen, he should know who to call. He then talked about work. Yeah. Like that’s suppose to help make me feel better! I had to hung up *phew* because the operator was asking me questions through the speaker.
After what seemed like eternity, a technician showed up and cracked open the door. Imagine my surprise when I saw the machine was half way between floors! I literally had to climb out of the elevator. I still suffer slight back pain from the climb. Mind you, there was no railing to hold on or step on. It was one hell of an experience!
And oh, season premier of House was awesome! He looked different without his walking stick and I quote:
“You have no interest in going out with me. Maybe you did, when I couldn't walk and I was a sick puppy that you could nurture back to health. Now that I'm healthy, there's nothing in it for you.” – House talking to Cameron-
Sadly, I fell asleep a couple of minutes before the show ended. Any idea when AXN airs the repeat?
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
She mentioned something about starting fasting again on Monday. Like I said, no pressure for her and she’s allowed to try and get use to the idea of full day fasting. Let’s see how she fares today.
By the by, I think Ciku Miku is getting fatter. Here’s the proof.
I am so exited to have the birthday party cum iftar this Saturday. I have changed the menu for more than 10 times. I don’t know why but this party seemed to be a great deal to me. It’s not the first time I’m throwing birthday party for the kids nor hosting a party of any kind. I just felt a bit anxious.
VF called to say that she couldn’t make it. VF, If you’re reading this, do know that I am still upset with you. No amount of gifts will ever make it okay. I will however, mull over return flight tickets to Hong Kong. So there you go.
Tok Mak will be here on Thursday. Joining her majesty will be Tok Non, whom I have not seen since my cousin’s wedding in August. Oh wait, that was just last month. Heheh. Anyways, she did not crash at my place - which was a very big deal. It’s like a compulsory thing for her every time she’s in KL. She has to stay for a few nights at my place and I’ll take her to places her heart desires. I heard they’re planning to raid Mydin and First Lady this week.
Anyways, I am still busy with preparation for the party and I have yet to decide where to order the cake from. The house needs a little bit more of magic and I need to send the last batch of invitation to 4 families. Aiyayay..
Just a reminder to all House fans – don’t miss the season premier of House season 3 at AXN, 10 pm tonight.
Condolences to all the families of flight crash victims in Phuket yesterday.
My heart goes to all families suffering the aftermath of Tsunami and floods in Bangkulu, Indonesia and northern Malaysia.
Friday, September 14, 2007
A couple of colleagues and I went to the bazaar hoping to get some food for iftar. Soon a colleague sidetracked and stopped at a stall selling raya cookies. Since I was the only one who’s not fasting today, they made me sample the cookies.
I have never done this before – eating in public during Ramadhan. Well except when I was back in the States.
There I was, red-faced, stuffing cookies to my mouth as fast as I could before the uncle selling fruits sees me!
It was one embarrassing moment, I tell ya. I don’t think I will ever, ever do that again! Hahah.
Anyways, the basketball coach tagged me so I had to do this. It’s not like I have better things to do today anyways.
So here goes
Five Things In My Bag
1. My overstuffed wallet
2. Coin purse cum lunch purse
3. Car keys, immobilizer card
4. Emergency bag containing stuff like safety pins, sanitary pad, etc..
5. Mobile phone
Five Things That Are In My Wallet
1. Cards of all kinds.. the reason why it’s full to the brim
2. Countless receipts.. contributing to the same reason above
3. Picture of Deli when he was 4 or 5, photos of my Monsters Inc
4. A note from Deli when he first joined Sony.. it was dated Sept 11th, 1998
5. Some cash.. a few RM and a couple of SD from my last trip
Five Favorite Things In My Bedroom
1. My bed that can hold the whole family at a time
2. The stack of sudoku puzzle from The Star
3. The lounge chair where the kids sleep on when they crash my room
4. The sight of my cats deep in slumber on my bed.. jeles betul
5. The picture of Deli and the kids when they had chicken pox.. the happiest bunch of sick people I’ve ever seen… heheh
Five Things I Wish To Do
1. Take my kids & nieces to Singapore this year
2. Transfer to the Ducthman’s department.. I’m halfway there, yey!
3. Follow Deli to Japan in November
4. Get a job in a country with 4 seasons
5. Get my dad to follow us on any trips/vacations
Five Things That I Am Doing Now
1. Wondering who to tag next
2. Finalizing the menu for next week’s party
3. Hating the fact that Deli has to work tomorrow.. leaving me alone to perform magic with spring cleaning
4. Having Milo and some brownies... gua tak puasa la today
5. Wishing 4.30pm would come very, very soon
Let me think of who to tag.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
I am thankful to be able to experience Ramadhan again. Hopefully this year would be a better experience for all of us.
The whole clan woke up for sahur at 5am. Adik didn’t feel like eating so he watched Disney channel instead. Kakak on the other hand was determine to go through the whole process – sahur, fasting and iftar. Hopefully she’ll be able to complete a full day fast this year. She did half-days last year.
None of us went back to sleep afterwards. Deli started his ‘morning business’ and the kids watched Disney channel. I managed to get some ironing done. I guess everyone was excited to welcome Ramadhan.
Adik: Mummy, adik rasa adik nak sahur sekarang sebab adik dah lapar.
The day went on fine. My boss was on leave so there was not much to do except some project papers that needed approval. Packed and left the office at 4.30pm to beat the traffic.
Unfortunately, traffic was not exactly how I imagined it to be.
The fact that this is the holy month did not change the behavior of city drivers. I was swearing and cursing silently and by the time I reached home, I think I have exhausted a day’s worth of pahala or maybe more. It took me 2 hours to get home, for crying out loud. I almost had cramps from stepping on the pedals (and swearing). Sigh.
I was beginning to think that it was the crappiest day ever.
Little did I know that He has a sweet plan. There’s a reason why He made me go through all those troubles.
Nothing could top the joy I felt when Kakak mentioned that she was still fasting.
I couldn’t believe it myself. I hoped that she will complete the whole day but the fact that it was only the first day and also her first attempt, I did not set my hopes that far up. Her chapped lips were apparent. Clearly she was trying hard to stand strong. No words could describe how proud I was. Especially when Deli and I did not promise any reward to both of them. We wanted them to know that they should try to complete a full day, one at a time. We told them that if they could not stand it, they should have something to eat/drink. They are still kids, after all. They are allowed to try, make mistakes and try again. No pressure at all.
That was by far, the best experience. Kudos to Kakak!
How was your first day?
Friday, September 07, 2007
What on earth is wrong with me?
Oh, now I remember!
1. My job is not important or significant. The company will do just fine without me nor my department.
2. HR does not care about the staff. What kind of an IR Manager are you if your response to a sexual harassment complaint was a mere ‘so what do you want me to do?’ No, it’s not me but it could as hell be!
3. HR rejected my application to join the department despite having 6 years experience in HR modules and being the only one (as I was told) to have PS experience. They didn’t even call me for an interview, for crying out loud!
4. My department has changed it’s direction 2 bloody times in less than 18 months. We’re doing Strategic Planning now.
5. I don’t have a job scope, description of my new role
6. I don’t have the experience and skills to do Strategic Planning stuff.
7. I am at the bottom of the talent pool because I have no idea what Strategic Planning is about but have to in some miraculous way be involved
Good enough reason to feel bored and insecure?
Why the bloody hell not.