Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stucked

Yesterday Adik received numerous calls from family and friends wishing him happy birthday. Every time the phone rang, he’d be asking if the call was for him. Such a popular lad. Heheh.

In celebration of Adik’s birthday, we had dinner at Secret Recipe. Somehow the food lacked taste. Don’t ask me why. I didn’t even finish the cordon bleu. Adik didn’t finish his little burgers either.

The kids were given endless choice of birthday cakes and were made to choose the ones they fancy for the party. Kakak changed her mind several times before settling for a sweet chocolate butter cake covered in pastel blue icing. Adik wanted to have a cake with tanks on it but later settled for chocolate butter cake shaped into a pop corn pack with a drizzle of actual pop corn on it. Awesome!

I’m gonna be broke paying for their cakes. Erkk!

Anyways.

I was stuck in an elevator yesterday. Alone. For almost 20 minutes.

I practically called everyone I know to let them know where I was but surprisingly, could not get anyone on the line. Except for the Dutchman. I told him where I was and in case something happen, he should know who to call. He then talked about work. Yeah. Like that’s suppose to help make me feel better! I had to hung up *phew* because the operator was asking me questions through the speaker.

After what seemed like eternity, a technician showed up and cracked open the door. Imagine my surprise when I saw the machine was half way between floors! I literally had to climb out of the elevator. I still suffer slight back pain from the climb. Mind you, there was no railing to hold on or step on. It was one hell of an experience!

And oh, season premier of House was awesome! He looked different without his walking stick and I quote:

“You have no interest in going out with me. Maybe you did, when I couldn't walk and I was a sick puppy that you could nurture back to health. Now that I'm healthy, there's nothing in it for you.” – House talking to Cameron-

Sadly, I fell asleep a couple of minutes before the show ended. Any idea when AXN airs the repeat?

3 comments:

Spena said...

YOu climbed out of an elevator? Pakai apa masa tu? Can't imagine if you were wearing a baju kurung!! hehehe.
But glad you are ok.

The Star Gazer said...

I was thinking about wearing baju kurung that day and I am thankful that I changed my mind!! Kalau tak, memang la technician tuh dapat tengok free show... hahahaha....

Anonymous said...

Arn,
Sorry we couldn't make it for the kid's b'day party. naeem had his chicken pox injection on saturday and he was a bit cranky. Anyway, i bet it was great bash!Hugs and kisses for haziq and durrah.

Aske, rizal &naeem