Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ramadhan al Mubarak

Salam Ramadhan to all.

I am thankful to be able to experience Ramadhan again. Hopefully this year would be a better experience for all of us.

The whole clan woke up for sahur at 5am. Adik didn’t feel like eating so he watched Disney channel instead. Kakak on the other hand was determine to go through the whole process – sahur, fasting and iftar. Hopefully she’ll be able to complete a full day fast this year. She did half-days last year.

None of us went back to sleep afterwards. Deli started his ‘morning business’ and the kids watched Disney channel. I managed to get some ironing done. I guess everyone was excited to welcome Ramadhan.

At 7am:

Adik: Mummy, adik rasa adik nak sahur sekarang sebab adik dah lapar.

Pulak dah!

The day went on fine. My boss was on leave so there was not much to do except some project papers that needed approval. Packed and left the office at 4.30pm to beat the traffic.

Unfortunately, traffic was not exactly how I imagined it to be.

The fact that this is the holy month did not change the behavior of city drivers. I was swearing and cursing silently and by the time I reached home, I think I have exhausted a day’s worth of pahala or maybe more. It took me 2 hours to get home, for crying out loud. I almost had cramps from stepping on the pedals (and swearing). Sigh.

I was beginning to think that it was the crappiest day ever.

Little did I know that He has a sweet plan. There’s a reason why He made me go through all those troubles.

Nothing could top the joy I felt when Kakak mentioned that she was still fasting.

I couldn’t believe it myself. I hoped that she will complete the whole day but the fact that it was only the first day and also her first attempt, I did not set my hopes that far up. Her chapped lips were apparent. Clearly she was trying hard to stand strong. No words could describe how proud I was. Especially when Deli and I did not promise any reward to both of them. We wanted them to know that they should try to complete a full day, one at a time. We told them that if they could not stand it, they should have something to eat/drink. They are still kids, after all. They are allowed to try, make mistakes and try again. No pressure at all.

That was by far, the best experience. Kudos to Kakak!

How was your first day?

2 comments:

Spena said...

My first day? Dah tak pose dah...hehehe...

The Star Gazer said...

La.. me too! Hahaha