Thursday, August 16, 2007

Baju & Kutu

I was so busy weekend – with spring cleaning, attending parties and shopping!

Went to Time Square on Friday with Elizabeth and managed to shop for a little bit in Metrojaya. Some of the stuff are ridiculously cheap that I decided I should come again and comb the whole department store!

Deli had to work on Saturday while kakak had a replacement class. I was awake since kakak left for school – which is a rare occasion for me. Started spring cleaning while adik entertained himself with his PSII. Managed to tidy up the kids’ reading place and their den. Did 2 loads of laundry in between. Rearranged quarter of the kitchen before fetching kakak from school.

Bought lunch at Setiawangsa and continued to clean the kitchen.

Deli got home at 6.30pm and we were off to Times Square an hour after that.

I thought of getting some clothes for the kids in preparation of Raya. I know it’s awfully early but trust me, it saves a lot. Especially when the department stores are having sales. This way, I can pretty much concentrate on getting raya cookies and sparklers during Ramadhan. The thought of squeezing through a sea of people in shopping malls and queuing for the cash registers really turn me off.

Shopping should be a breeze. Ample time to compare prices, colors, needs, etc. before actually buying something. Pure bliss.

Anyways, turned out Deli had more on his mind that we ended up shopping for him instead. With a couple of minutes to spare, we managed to get adik 2 Renoma shirts and 2 dresses for kakak. Now I have to find some pants for adik. I don’t really fancy buying him long pants because he outgrow them like nobody’s business! I normally buy him knee-length or 3 quarter pants. That way, he’ll be able to wear them longer.

Sunday came and Deli was whining to go to Low Yatt for his pc gadgets. Left the house at 11am for Low Yatt. Did I mention that I hate this place? It’s always crowded and finding a parking spot is close to impossible.

While Deli had fun getting his gadgets, kakak and I had hotdogs at 1901. Deli and adik joined us a little bit later.

We crossed the road because I saw a Metrojaya there and thought that I should get a spare mattress protector for the kids because one of them keep wetting the bed. I’m not gonna point fingers but we always find her sleeping in the guest room when she did it.

So off we went to BB Plaza and did a quick stop at Parkson. Giggsy called this morning and invited us to her house warming party in the afternoon. Bought her a gift and accidentally bought myself a pitcher for $12. Darn cheap, I tell ya.

Went to Metrojaya after that and managed to get kakak 3 pairs of baju kurung worth $44 each! That’s cheap considering the material and cut. Two nyonya kebaya and 1 modern cut. Bought a dress for Hani Sofea as well. Tried to find something for Natasya but I can’t recall how tall she was. Maybe I’ll get her a handbag or something an 11 years old would need. Any ideas?

It was almost 3.30pm when we were done. Hurried to GE Mall for the monthly supply of cat food and litter sand. By the by, those two are infested with fleas and unidentified kutus. I complained to Deli about rashes and unimaginable itchiness on my legs since the week before but did not actually check the cats for kutus. I noticed however that the cats stopped sleeping on our beds and that Baby Cat kept scratching his face and tummy lately.

By the way, Kechik is now known as Ciku Biku and Baby Cat’s new name is Kabu Babu.

It was a spur of the moment kinda thing. Kakak and I came up with the names while adik struggled hard to remember who is who. Heheh.

So we bought a yummy smelling medicated shampoo to get rid of the kutus, ear drops to clean their ears and hopefully keep the kutus away and a comb especially to comb the kutu out. I know Tok Mak will be laughing like mad when she hears about this. If she does that, I have no choice but to bring up the incident where she had a cat kutu near her ears. Don’t make me, mum!!

Anyways, we were off to Bandar Baru Ampang for GIggys’s party. The kids ate a lot – poor babies. They must have been really hungry. VF was there as well so we managed to catch up on things for a bit. It was a fun event and I finally met the famous Gegirl. Such a sweet gal though adik claimed Gegirl tried to eat him. Yeah, right.

Weekend was great despite being packed with things to do and places to go to. I wish we have longer weekends. Sigh.

No comments: