Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Knives on My Back

We all know a lot of people. Most of the times, we refer to them as friends but are they really what we call them? Some of those are faces we saw everyday while some appears when favors are in need. Some are friends with benefits, some are just people you would want to shake away as soon as they come near you.


I have a friend whom I thought would be a true gem. She has all the makings of a good friend and i trusted her, though not fully because i have just known her for a few months. 


One fine day, she sold her pride to the devil and betray her friends and I.


We found out about it but she didn't know that we have. Since then, i am hearing a lot of negative things about her. I don't know if it's due to the fact that i've had knives sticking out of my back or i have been blinded by her good deeds all the while. 


I believe everyone has both the good and the bad. Personally i think i am mature enough to not be influenced by the bad of others; that i can befriend them despite of what they are. Even then, some people are somehow etched with evilness that I think staying a yard away will do more good before harm comes in your way. 


I suppose it's all up to you. There is no right or wrong. If you think that you are strong enough to pull a certain person out from the 'darkness' and shine a bright light on them, then by all means, please do it. The world needs more of people like you.


As for me and that friend, i am not that friendly with her anymore. We still said our hi's and how-are-you's but that's it. She practically crossed the line in one particular incident and i think it's best that i stay away. Far, far away.



No comments: