Thursday, November 24, 2005

I'm Not Okay

A dear friend called yesterday. She asked, 'How are you doing, friend?'

Normally I would say 'I'm okay', despite all the complaints and fuss. Not yesterday. I took me less than a second to say 'I'm not okay'. That's the truth. I was not okay. Still very much unhappy about work.

Let's forget about that. Life is not just about work. God gave us 24 hours a day to balance the important stuff in life. You just have to prioritize. Easier said than done? Sadly, I agree.

I told Amoi and Giggsy that my emotional health is very important. I don't want my kids to grow up remembering me as a grouchy, snappy, unhappy mother. Upbringing is very important. You have to mould your kids to be good people. Enjoy each day as if it's your last day on earth.

Okay. I'm starting to talk nonsense now.

At this point, I'm not in a very good state - work wise. It's just too much to handle. Not the workload, but the dirty politics and the lousy management.

Just for the record, I hate both.

On a lighter note, I have bought Mawi's CD last Sunday. I am not a hard-core fan like my nieces, my sister, my mom, my aunties and God forbid, the husbands too. I rarely buy local CDs. Normally I would look for those with good music arrangement.You know, like those kinda music that makes your car door vibrates and shakes on each note. Like the one on a CD called Jejaka Pilihan or something like that - featuring Anuar Zain, Glenn, Hazami and Ferhad. That is what I call a yummylicious music! A well-deserved 5 stars CD.

Anyways, my sister was raving on how good Mawi's album is. I read quite a number of good reviews on it as well. I decided to give it a go and I'm happy to say that it's almost as good as 'Jejaka Pilihan'. There you go, a good 4 stars to Mawi's first album.

Woopsie-daisy! Latest update - a potential World War III might blow off soon in the team. Anybody has a spare helmet?

6 comments:

anedra said...

nope, I dont have a spare helmet, sorry!! You hang in there!

Anonymous said...

maybe can try some de-stressing stuff..hmm.. quick fix to get you through the worst time.. maybe go for massage ke.. i always find a trip to the hairdressers alwiz helps ..dunno how it relates and solves my problems tho hahaha.. it just helps ...
or maybe a trip to the movies or shopping ;-)
anyways.. like dena said.. hang in there
zue

Anonymous said...

oh yes..I definitely second zue on the hairdresser thing!! It works like magic! Kalau nak lagi best..go do a facial, get a massage. Come World War IV pun tak de hal punya lah!!

The Star Gazer said...

Dena: Takper la.. i'll pinjam bai roti punya helmet... hehe

Zue: I'll opt for retail theraphy! or maybe pegi tengok PHSM 2..

thanks girls for the advice.. i'm hanging by a thread here.. tapi takper la.. i'll try your suggestions.. who knows i could even survive WW 5!!!

Anonymous said...

a pedicure also works for me. Something abt the tingling feeling of stepping out with clean toes and bersih and fresh after the massage and pampering. Esok makcik datang bawak king cat. C u!

The Star Gazer said...

tokey king cat,
many thanks for the delivery. Customer dua org tuh amat berpuas hati dengan the sold goods.. heheh.... especially bila customer itu dapat duit raya... sungguh tak tau malu! hehehe....