Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Weird Stuff

It’s weird when you are all hyped to get some work completed but there’s nothing to be done at all. None at all. This is so wrong.

So much had happened since the last entry.

The End of an Era
Belang is no longer the Project Manager for our project. We talked to the Director last week about Belang not doing her job, etc. We were hoping that the Director would be able to help convey the message to Belang and that she will pull up her socks for the benefit of the team and project as a whole. We didn’t expect to get a new PM – the fourth PM in six and a half months!

The transition was officially announced this morning in the boardroom. So now Mr. Raccoon is our new PM. His pep talk was a bit annoying and arrogant but what the heck, the show must go on. Our concern now is to get the project going and to sign off all documents. Maybe he'll screw things up; maybe he’ll do wonders, I don’t know. I’m hoping for the best for the sake of the project.

By the way, his family name is exactly like Bossy Boss’s. I was not surprised that he acted exactly like Bossy Boss during the meeting this morning. You know, the ‘I am the manager, you are all beneath me’ kind of thing. Sucks!


The Significant Other
Deli is now in San Diego for a few days. He’ll be back on Friday. This time around, Kakak was the most uncomfortable with his absence. She kept on asking about her daddy and asked me to call him this morning, on her way to school. Deli normally read to her before bed and I would be somewhere in the house making sure that things are in order for the next day. I never get to read her anything just yet and totally forgot about it last night. When she was talking to Deli, she asked if he’s gonna be home soon. She said nobody’s reading to her last night and I was pretty sure I heard Deli said that I could read to her. She quickly answered, ‘Mummy doesn't read like you do’. Oy, this is not fair! I have not even read to her yet!

Hurry back honey, we miss you so much! Your daughter needs you to read her stories before bed!


The Good Girl
On a lighter note, Kakak has started to help with chores. I asked if she’s up to helping me with the laundry. She said YES and I coached her on the things to be done. Am taking it one step at a time. I tried to not pressure or push her to get things right the first time. Will just let her take it slow, do things at her pace and make sure that she’s safe while doing so.

She helped put the laundry on the clothesline during weekends and helped to load and unload the laundry last night.

She’s okay with washing her plates and cutleries. So does Adik.

I want to make sure that she’ll be able to take care of herself and maybe help Adik when needed, to do simple chores around the house. I want and expect them to be independent.

Like they say, teach someone how to fish rather than just give them the fishes. It’s for the sake of survival.

By the way, my little brother is jobless right now. The company wasn't making much profit so they had to shut it down. Anybody looking a technician? He's good with wiring and stuff so if u need any of the sort done, please let me know and we might be able to strike a good deal here. Leave me a note, okay!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arn,
Awat semua nama office mate hang nama 'animal', Macam kat zoo pulak :-)


Aske'

Anonymous said...

Kak Arn,

I was at your office yesterday, level 11 kot.. we visited the TM section for A*E. We have a program with them, so they brought us to visit la.. Heheh, I looked around for you, but you were prolly on a different floor. :). U more into HR kan?

/MC

The Star Gazer said...

Aske': Ala2 nak jadi mini zoo Taiping... hahhaha

MC: La.. ye ker... i'm on 12th floor (IT, PMO & corporate offices).. Level 11th tu is for call center and data center.. let me know the next time u're here.. buleh kita have a cuppa somewhere... :)