Friday, March 31, 2006

OMG!

Goodness! I have totally abandoned this blog!

I blame it all on the revoked Internet access a few weeks back. I didn't think it would matter much coz I'm still able to go online from home.

Until one day, Raccoon offered me the assignment of a lifetime. I was tempted to accept it though close friends were strongly against the idea. I understood their point. We all know the consequences and that my head will be on the chopping board if things go wrong. I could either accept the assignment and work like a cow OR refuse it and have to slog on the project paper that I absolutely have no interest whatsoever.

The choice was obvious.

So, I have been working like a mad cow ever since and thank God, it all went according to plan. Setup was done in a week and I'm been doing component testing till next week. It's a one-man show from my section and I deserve the right to gloat. Raccoon was pleased and was impressed that I can even deliver additional assignments on time.

He called me to a meeting room yesterday. I couldn't stop thinking if I've done something wrong coz you won't be called to a meeting room unless you're about to be yelled at or screwed by your boss. Well at least, that's the culture in this office.

I was surprised when he showered me with praises and all. It's not like him at all. I was a bit shocked but decided to accept the good words anyways. After all, I didn't put a knife to his throat and force those words out of him. It's good that he's mellowed a bit. Which proves the theory that man can be sweet and nice after they've 'got some' and can be bitter if they didn't 'get any'. Raccoon just tied the knot a few weeks back, so go figure. Hahahah.

Oh, back to my point. I worked like a mad cow (the attitude, not the disease!) these past few weeks that I didn't get to update my blog as frequent as I wanted to.

Apart from that, Kechik has been in and out of the hospital for a couple of weeks. We tried visiting him as much as we could when he was boarded for a little over a week, earlier this month. After he was discharged, there were frequent visits to the vet to change his wound dressings and all. Whenever the appointment was due, we'd rush back from the office, pick up the kids and Kechik before heading off to the hospital. It was really taxing to both Deli and I.

Thanks to all the prayers, well wishes and the amount of dosh spent, he is now his normal self again. He needs to grow some coat over the shaved area but apart from that, everything else is just great.

On a lighter note, I have made a decision to end my tenure in this company. I don't have a specific date at the moment but I have a hunch that it's gonna be soon. I will leave this hellhole even without any job offer. That's how much I hate this place.

Having said that, I am currently looking for a job that is HR or PeopleSoft related.

Hopefully.

1 comment:

kaezrin said...

Arn..dunt worry ader rezeki utk u nanti ok..same like what I did before..suddenly u will be bombard with other choices yg pening p0lak nak mikire mana satu