Thursday, March 02, 2006

Kechik oh Kechik

Was shocked to find trails of blood when I opened the door. Baby Cat was lounging on the sofa, obviously healthy. I asked the kids to look for Kechik.

Kakak & Adik: Mummy! Banyak darah dalam bilik air mummy!! Cepat mummy!

I almost lost my balance climbing the stairs to my bedroom. Indeed there were more blood stains and some larger pools in the bathroom. Kechik was nowhere to be found.

I finally found him hiding between the boxes in the room downstairs. I lifted him up - his body was cold and I started to worry. Didn't see any cuts or wounds at first until I saw a matted area on his chest. Mind you, his coat is long and thick. Fetched some lukewarm water to clean the matted area to found a gaping wound that I could literally see his flesh. That was when i started to panic. I called the animal hospital and informed them of the situation. Luckily they're not attending any emergency case at that time. Called Deli and coaxed Kechik to his carrier.

Reached the hospital around 9pm and after a series of questions, the vet informed that he needed to shave Kechik's neck area to have a better look at the wound. It was quite big. He was immediately boarded and the vet asked us all to come and see him again on Friday.

Shaving Kechik


Please pray for my 9 years old Kechik. Just hope that he won't need any surgery. *crossing fingers*

Note: Kechik was admitted to the same hospital on the same date 7 years ago due to kidney problem. Ironic.

No comments: