Monday, February 27, 2006

It's Monday already?

I was reluctant to leave the bed this morning. My whole body was aching and i can't stop yawning since i step foot in the office. Maybe I am getting too old for a full swing weekend.

Last weekend was packed with events that i didn't even get to do the usual weekend-spring-cleaning. The house dons a classic ship-wreck theme at the moment.

Attended Deli's cousin's wedding at Kelana Jaya on Saturday. It was so darn hot that most of the guests left right after eating and congratulating the happy couple. Not many of them lounge around. The uncle who sells ice-cream from his bike made a fortune, i tell ya. Kids and adults flock his ice-cream-on-wheels for quick, satisfying thirst quenching agenda. My kids, included. Me? I was too busy minding the hot weather and making sure i didn't sweat to death!

Went to Toys R Us right after the wedding to get Adik's skates. He was jumping with joy and tried it on as soon as we got home. Deli and I automatically switched gears to become the kids personal trainers. They spent almost an hour on skates before getting ready for dinner and movie at TGV.

The kids took their own sweet time in the bathroom that we had to change plans and get food from McDonald's instead. After gobbling up (looked like that to me) the food, off we went to TGV KLCC to pick up tickets for Pink Panther. It was hillarious,i tell ya! Kakak laughed the loudest, as always. Reached home at half past mid night.

Was up quite early on Sunday. Wanted to avoid the crowd as much as possible in Ikea. I promised Along to buy some stuff for her sister-in-law's wedding next month. The kids were dissapointed that they couldn't get into Ikea's playland. It was full to the brim. We had a nice brunch at Ikea cafe. The meatballs were yummylicious! Left Ikea at 2pm and headed straight to Cycle & Carriage for Deli's new car. If things go well, we might get it in 3 weeks. That's settle then. I don't have to worry over him driving an ancient thingy to work any longer.

The next stop was Carrefour Wangsa Maju. I promised Adik his Ultraman vcd and we need to do groceries as well. It was packed with people that you can't even feel the air condition any longer. Spent less than 2 hours there. Finally!

I started cooking dinner at 8pm. I was too lazy and tired to cook but the tiger prawns hailed and i had to succumb to cooking sambal tumis udang & petai. One fried promphet and stir-fry veges and wallah! Dinner was served! Kakak helped herself with the 'sayur pokok' a.k.a broccoli and the fish. And yes, the house smelt of petai and prawns for a few hours.

Oh my. I'm too tired to even move. It's 6pm now and i need to pack and leave to get the kids.
Have a good Monday peeps (what's left of it)!!!

No comments: