Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Series of Unexpected Events

I came in the office today with an urgent (but still manageable) need to pee. I boarded the elevator with plans to visit the washroom before having my morning cup of Milo. Just then, the elevator stopped at level 4 and 2 tea ladies cum cleaners rushed in and noisily talked about the water shortage.

What? Now? But I need to pee!

Hoping those ladies were talking about another building, I braved myself into the washroom.

Dang.

It was smelly and dry.

My last resort was to go to KL Convention Center and do my business there.

Not a very good start for the day.


*******************************************************************************


Last week was not worth mentioning.

I hated the fact that Mr. R has crossed the line and I have to start treating him like Bossy Boss now. He is becoming more and more like Bossy Boss. I guess people with the same surname are from the same mould. He's just a duplicate of Bossy Boss - which by the way, I hate so very much. Yuck!

So, Friday happened and I left the office, all upset and annoyed.

Things will never be the same again.

I wanted to say mean, sarcastic things to him but I know I'll regret it, so I kept my mouth shut and walked away holding my head high. Well, not that high actually. I'm bad at hiding my emotions. It's just my weakness.

Reached home 10 minutes later - so yes, I was driving recklessly. If the director of The Fast & Furious were looking for a third, he'd pick me in a heartbeat, judging by the way I handled my machine that day!

The most irrational thing I did that day was to send out a text message to my close friends saying that I'm leaving the company.


*******************************************************************************


Was on medical leave on Monday. I purposely left my mobile phone turned off. Was not in the mood to entertain anybody at all. Besides, I was not done thinking.

I totally forgot to notify the office about my absence. VF called in at 10am and talked to Deli. I practically slept the whole day.

When I switched it on at midnight, text messages flowed in non-stop from concerned friends. Thanks guys. It meant a lot to me.

Yesterday, my mailbox was flooded with emails from the same bunch. They were worried coz I didn't talk to anybody and didn't reply any of their text messages. Again, I really appreciate the concern but this is something that I need to think through and decide on my own.

No, I have not decided on anything (yet).

I know for sure I'm handing in THE letter but I don't know when. I just know it will be soon.

I'm being bitter again. *sigh*

5 comments:

Sharina Maamor said...

i hope everything will sort itself out for you. hang in there :)

The Star Gazer said...

Lara, thanks dear.

Macam nak quit there and then saja. Menyampah giler.

Working from home sounds like a good idea, right?

Anonymous said...

hang in there!

Giggsy

kaezrin said...

hang in there darling..btw where are u working now?? bukan kat cyber lagi ker?? i'm getting confused plak....

anyway thx for the entry below...friends like u means a lot to me!

The Star Gazer said...

Giggsy: thanks so much..

Elin: I'm in KL for a while. Maybe sampai proj siap.. No prob pasal the entry.. hope u're getting on fine.. be strong, ok!