Thursday, October 19, 2006

Here's to Thursday!

Been busy today.

My boss is on emergency leave – his daughter had some bad allergy to something and is in the hospital. I had to tie some loose ends for him. It got me running up and down the floors, conveying the message personally to the Executive Director of Finance and taking care of some ORM papers for a project.

Adding to that, I had to sit in a 2-hours meeting to finalize a project timeline. Tomorrow is the Project Board meeting and we need to get this done for the Project Board members to sign on the project document.

One thing that has been bugging me is the fact that the Project Advisor is recommending me to become the Functional Lead for this project. I was actually called in to help with the User Requirement Studies but now that it’s completed and signed, I had to raise the issue of my existence in the project. I can’t be involved in a project without having any role. I was meaning to step out of the project myself since I have delivered what I was supposed to.

Turned out they wanted me to stay on till the project go live.

My boss said that I need to make this decision – if I’m able to handle it.

The Project Manager will propose this to the Project Board tomorrow. I don’t know if they will accept it or not. After all, it’s very uncommon to have someone outside of the business unit as the Functional Lead. Especially someone from the department that does project audit on them!

Let’s leave it to fate.

On a lighter note, I’ve got my order of sparklers!! Yey!!

Just hope that I won’t get caught blogging about it. Hehehe.

Went to the bank to change some money for my mum to give out to kids during raya. It was a long queue! Changed some for my stack as well. I’m just disappointed that I didn’t manage to get some I*G packets. Apparently they were delivered to our department while my boss and I were in a meeting. Given that our department is very small and new, people might have thought that we didn’t really exist and the packets were given out to those who wanted extras. Dang!

So this year, no I*G packet or raya cards for us. It’s just sad!

Oh yey – my afternoon meeting’s cancelled!!

No comments: