Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back to Work

Today’s my first day after such a long break.

I particularly liked this year’s raya break because it was less hectic than usual. We didn’t get to visit that many relatives cause the house was receiving guests after guests till the 4th day of raya. It was fun to meet those that you only get to see once a year. The kids had fun with my largest stack of sparklers ever and keeping Baby Cat and Kechik entertained.

Yup, I brought those 2 to Johor. Was surprised to see Baby Cat so well-behaved in the car. He slept through the whole journey. Kechik on the other hand, tried his best to escape from the car every time we stopped for breaks along the highway.

Cats will always be cats.

My family are busy with my brother’s wedding preparation and all. A lot of loose ends still but I think we’ll do okay.

Well apart from that, my heart goes to my cousin who’s fighting breast cancer. She couldn’t move both her legs anymore but still had the energy to weave the ketupat cases for her family. She cried when she saw me. We were very close – she lived with my family and took care of us until I was almost 14. She moved out when she got married and is now happy with 2 lovely kids.

Anyways, she was transported to Malacca for some treatment and has no idea when she will be back with her family. It’s just sad. Our family never had a history of cancer. She’s the first and it's not hard to understand the pain she's going through. She looked so skinny and sick. Breaks my heart to see her suffer like that.

If only I could do something to help her.

We always thought bad things/disease are things we only read or hear about. Never thought that it could happen to someone so close. Shows that we are all the same.

We are not that invincible after all.

2 comments:

Spena said...

Sad to hear about your cousin.
So, bila open house? hmm..as if I can go(sekarang ni pun my weekends schedule are full till month end already) fenin laaa....
Maybe we can go our for a drink if I'm in town nanti ke....

The Star Gazer said...

My house is always open for you.. heheh... datang la anytime.. :)

Looking forward to your visit.. been a while since i last saw you..