Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Work is crap

I guess I can understand why the Dutchman said that I*G is not a good place for career advancement.

In fact, they suck at it.

Last week, my boss mentioned that the VP wanted me to take on risk management and on top of that, HCD requested for me to become their Project Manager for PS Project.

First thing first, what was the VP thinking - dumping me with risk management stuff? What’s with my boss agreeing with her on that?

It used to be a portfolio on its own and was managed by a dedicated Manager until she left late last year.

In a week’s time, I have to choose between:

current project portfolio & risk management or,
current project portfolio, risk management & HCD PS project

I have too many things playing in my mind at the moment.

Like, what’s happening to the plan of reporting straight to the CFO? If that’s gonna happen, then why am I doing risk management?

If I take on the risk management thingy, what am I suppose to do with it? I don’t have a mentor coz the so-called experienced person has left. If I’m to start from scratch, then it would take some time before I can be good at it. I can’t be advising people on risk management while I have zilch experience on the subject. How would people react, given that info in hand? It’s just ridiculous.

I was seriously thinking about HCD but history has proven that it’s not a very conducive department to be a part of.

At the moment, I’m stuck. If I wanna be doing what I know best, it would be at HCD. However, I’m starting to like project management no matter how taxing it could be most of the times. I just hate reporting to Strategic Planning and having to comply to their nonsense. It’s just crap.

I’m still stuck. I don’t know what to think or do.

I’m not crazy, I’m just a little unwell.. – from the song Unwell by Matchbox 20 -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wei!

Let's go for lunch one day. I discovered recently that i can take a bus and stop in front of your orange building less than 10 minutes from here....I'm bored with my work and life in KL....planning to get a job somewhere in cyberjaya since rizal is expected to move there end of this year...

aske'

The Star Gazer said...

Aske,
sure thing! Let me know when!

Bored with work? Tell me about it!! i'm planning to move out of the country la kalau boleh... *berangan* hahahah....