Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Work Really Sucks

I am inches away from giving up hope.

I have been quiet all this while. I have never complained for one bit. Well not anymore.

My boss does not get along too well with his boss – fine. Shit happens. It doesn’t mean that I have to be the one to pay and suffer as a result of their feud.

What happened on Friday and Monday was a clear insult to me as a subordinate and especially as an individual.

It’s absurd to hear from a VP that she has no clue on whatsoever that I was doing all these while when I have been sending her weekly reports. It’s even moronic that she has to instruct her manager to sit with me and my boss to draw the things that I do. We’ve used up 4 sheets of paper and there’s more to come. Let’s just see what will happen next.

It’s just ridiculous.

I have braved through a very steep learning curve and moved up in project positions within 3 months – from a nobody, to Functional Lead, a Business Project Manager soon after that and to Principal Project Manager to this very day. If I have been doing a lousy job, I would not have shifted to a higher position. Heck, I would have been demoted to just a team member or worse, be kicked out of the project!

I’m still here, aren’t I?

I have to right to brag because I have worked my a** to get to where I am today. The Business Executive of the project personally conveyed good words about my work to my boss. The COO calls me now and then to his room to talk about the project and values my opinion. Most importantly, I get things done and have been through thick and thin for this project.

If all those doesn’t mean a thing or if it even mean that I have less work than everyone else in her department, then tell me so.

Coz HR called me yesterday for a position in their department and the COO is looking for people to be in his project department.

Even if none of the two are materializing, I can always find work elsewhere.

Sucks.

2 comments:

Spena said...

i think sometimes for us, we can do the job but people take advantage on us. people like us will take up any challenges!!they are just jealous...

The Star Gazer said...

Sis, i couldn't agree more!

It's frustrating. Really is.