Monday, June 18, 2007

Phuket Revisited - Day 1

The kids were excited. Deli was anxious. I was dying to tell him where we will be spending the next 4 days. It was hard to contain the excitement.

I was proud to say that I managed to keep it a secret. He knew we're going to a beach but that was just about it. I told him he need not worry about a thing. All he had to do was call for a cab to take us to LCCT and of course, be our walking ATM while we were there.

The cab arrived at 8.50am. We hauled our bags and happily boarded the cab. I switched on my phone to text my sister and mom that we're on our way to the airport. That was when I saw a message from Air Asia.

Our flight was delayed to 3.15pm.

It was a reflexed action - I handed the phone to Deli and he read the text out loud. So we made a deal with the cab driver to send us back to the house and for him to come back at 1pm.

I didn't want to use my O2 for this trip, so I used my old SE K750i instead. When I switched phones, I must have forgotten to switch it on. Otherwise, I would have noticed the message from Air Asia sooner.

Potong stim betul.

When were back in the house, I realized that Deli had officially found out.

He was all smiles though I was not too sure if it's because he finally found out or because he approved of the destination. Heheh. Too late to change practically anything dear!

Finally at 1pm, we hauled our bags and boarded the cab (again). Took us an hour to reach LCCT. It was our first time there so we were walking around trying to figure out where to go and the sort.

Checked in our bags soon after and headed to McDonald's for lunch. It was packed with people. Full to the brim. We stood for a good 20 minutes before finding decent seats.

Hungry monster

Waited for a half hour before boarding the plane. The ride was fully packed with exited and chirpy people. We couldn't help but join the merry atmosphere. It's been a while since we last had a proper vacation.

On the flight, the kids were occupied with books and crayons. Deli was engrossed in killing little people (I think) with his PSP. I did nothing but silently pray for a safe flight and hopefully, a great vacation.

In-flight activities

Adik shared the seat with Leo the Lion

Kakak shared the seat with Ginger the Bear

It was supposed to be an hour and 15 mins flight but we landed at Phuket International Airport 15 mins earlier than expected. Either those people miscalculated the duration or the pilot really know how to fly the craft! Heheh.

We were among the last to leave the plane and ended up at the end of the immigration queue. Fortunately, a kind immigration officer showed us to the express lane for elderly and special cases. One special case coming right up! Heheh.

Standing at the end of the queue before being shown to the express lane.

We were asked to surrender our passports and had our pictures taken for security purposes. The kids actually stood in front of the camera, all smiles and posed appropriately. They did what we told them to do without the usual why, how come, how, etc. Fantastic!

Everything went well at the airport. We took an airport cab to the hotel. It was an hour and 15 mins journey but it was worth the trip. There were no buses but instead people were hauled up at the back of a truck or doorless mini vans. We were too busy admiring the guts of those people that we totally forgot to take their pictures.

Heroine Circle - The first female statues I've ever seen in my life (I'm pretty sure about this)

Phuket to the right and Sarasin Bridge to the left

Reached the hotel almost at 6pm. Checked in, freshen up and we were ready for our first meal in Phuket. We were so hungry, we could eat a cow. So to speak. Heheh.

We ordered a couple of dishes - one of them was tom yam kung. I have never ever tasted a yummier tom yam kung than this. It was simply divine. It made all the tom yam kung i've ever had in my life tasted nothing more than water. Believe me. I never, ever kid about good food.

The kids had vege pizza

I had glass noodle with prawns wrapped in egg

One satisfied customer

We ate and posed for the camera like there's no tomorrow. Somehow, nobody was tired from the journey. Maybe it's the tom yam kung. Hahah.

Kakak and Deli posed for the famous cameraman - Adik

My (sometimes) angelic kids

Where we stayed in Phuket

Since it was too early for bed and everyone was really full, we decided to walk to the rows of shops next to the hotel. I for one, was glad we took that walk. We found a massage parlor that offered cheap massages. As cheap as TB250 per hour for various massages - foot, head & shoulder, Thai and blablabla. That's around RM25. I know - it's cheap! The place was called Karma. We went in and tried the foot massage. The owner of the shop did the session herself. No words could describe the experience. It was just the perfect thing to do before calling it a night.

Enjoying my foot massage. Pict was taken by a jealous photographer. Hahah.



5 comments:

Leymah Giggs said...

bestnye.. bestnye..

The Star Gazer said...

Giggsy,
memang best tak terkata.. hahaha

stay tune for more update..

Anonymous said...

arrghh bestnyer..
jeles sampai rasa nak nangis!!

The Star Gazer said...

Hana,
save your tears - there's more to come. Heheh... evil sungguh...

dillazag said...

Arn --> What a great surprise for the whole family. I don't think i could keep myself from that kind of secret! :) (Plus that walking ATm is a great bonus, no?)