Monday, October 22, 2007

Of Raya and Stuff

Raya this year was not that different from 2006.

Oh before I forget, Selamat Hari Raya to all. Maaf zahir dan batin if I have ever offended you in any way.

Now where were we?

Oh yes. We had lots to eat, non-stop guests attended the open house and of course, loads of scrumptious food to feast on. I guess the only difference was the way people behaved. I will not divulge further. It might cause a stir or worse – chaos.

Anyways, this year was Deli’s turn to celebrate first day of raya with his parents. I was still working on Friday so we went back to Shah Alam on the eve of raya. There were loads to be done for the open house. Plus the excitement of Soyuz getting attached to the ISS. I slept while waiting for the hatch to open. Never trust the host of Angkasa1 channel when he said ‘in a few minutes’ because it literally meant hours!

Our little family was dressed in purple this year. Kakak looked all grown up in her first kebaya. Adik looked dashing in his baju melayu and samping. You only get to see him dress up once a year, so yes – he looked extremely sharp in it.

Went back to our pad on the same day. I packed for the next destination and dozed off soon after.

Started the journey to Tok Mak’s and spent almost 5 hours on the road. Don’t even mention about the pain from sitting too long – especially the royal ass. Adeh..

I lost count of houses and relatives we visited while the kids had fun counting their duit raya.

We visited atok’s kubur on 3rd day of raya. I wanted so badly to visit my cousin’s kubur and have never stop thinking about her since the day she left us all. Sadly, we couldn’t find it because hers was not marked properly. Maybe one of these days, I’ll have someone to do a proper marking for her resting place. It’s the least I can do for her family. Al-fatihah to both atok and kak Tina.

We headed back to KL on Wednesday. Deli’s dad was admitted to SMC the day before. Alhmadulillah the journey back to KL was smooth. Stopped by Seremban rest area for dinner coz Ayer Keroh rest area were flooded with people. Plus we didn’t want to keep the cats in the car for too long.

Life after raya break will be busier than usual.

1. Kakak is sitting for her final exams starting from 22/10.
2. Adik’s class trip on 27/10
3. Kakak has replacement class on 03/11
4. Adik’s orientation for standard 1 on 03/11
5. Adik’s sports carnival on 11/11

I have not even factored in invitation to open houses in the weekends. I’ve turned down 1 invitation so far. At the rate that we’re going, looks like we’re gonna have to turn down a couple more.

How was your raya?

2 comments:

D.N.A.S said...

Last weekend, I attended 6 open houses. Can you believe it? This week I'll have to go to gym for at least 4 sessions to burn the few thousands of kilo calories gained during the 2 days. *argh!*

The Star Gazer said...

Six??? Huyoo... Hats off to you la kak Dayang!! Kita pegi satu pun dah rasa ketat seluar. Makan tak hengat! Hahaha