Monday, December 17, 2007

Aladdin and The Magic Lamp

Superb.

That’s all I can say about the children musical play called Aladdin and the Magic Lamp.

I’ve heard good reviews about it and decided that it’s a good exposure for the kids to watch a play on stage. We have never been to Istana Budaya (I know, shame on us) so what better way to make our debut than to watch a good play. Please note that I have never, ever watched any plays before. Not even the famous PGL the musical. So bear with me when I keep branding Aladdin as superb, excellent and the sort. I don’t have anything to compare it with, so for all I know Aladdin is truly the best.

Okay. Enough with the babbling.

I bought the tickets online for Sunday 8.30pm show. To ensure that we have good view of the stage, I booked seats at the Grand Circle. It was $30 per seat while the kids are charged half of that. Program books were sold at $5 each.

We were shown to the seats which proved to be really good ones until we started seeing taller heads in front of us. No big deal – small glitch. I now know where the good seats are for future bookings.

The show started on time and we were truly awed by the first scene. The kids were amazing! The songs were catchy and the genie was hilarious!



I couldn’t believe the sultry voices were owned by 10 (Aladdin) and 9 (Princess Jasmine) year olds! Goodness gracious. They sounded better than some of the singers out there.



The sets were nicely done and transitions between scenes were done flawlessly that I wondered if the sets moved on their own until I saw a leg behind the castle. Heheh.

Kakak and adik really enjoyed the show and laughed their hearts out on the funny bits. At one time, kakak was laughing so hard that a man standing behind us actually laughed at and with her! He asked kakak if she find the scene funny where kakak answered with giggles. Little did I realize that the man was actually the music director of the play – Pak Ngah. I didn’t know he’s a Datuk until I read about him in the program book. Awesome!

The show ended at 10.30pm and kakak asked if she could ask for the casts’ autograph. We queued for 20 minutes and kakak managed a chat with Erma Fatima.



It was one heck of a show – a standing ovation from the crowd. Would I watch it again? Most definitely.

5 comments:

dillazag said...

Gosh, Arn.. Would love to watch it too!!! Is it still on? *Am finishing my 44th day of Confinement on Eidul Adha*

The Star Gazer said...

Hope you managed to catch the last show. Your kids would definitely enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Biler nak update ni.....

Spena said...

I tak pernah tgk theatre lagi. Sounds interesting.
Anyway, you're tagged.Would like to know your blogging history...hehehe

The Star Gazer said...

Alamak!! This is my second tag tap belum layan2 lagi... heheh..

Malas nak updet la... tunggu eh!