Wednesday, May 07, 2008

A Series of Events

Yesterday was quite a day.

I was on half day leave and was supposed to report back to work in the afternoon. Left the house before noon – just in time for lunch with the guys. Sadly, my usual parking place was completely full. Drove on to the Weld and spent half a freaking hour looking for a spot. There was none. Nada.

Exited the Weld and decided to try I*G visitor parking. There’s only around a dozen parking spots for visitors in total. It was almost 1pm and it was yes, full. The last choice I had was to park at MPL. I found a spot – thank God! Cost me $13 for the 4 hours service. Urgh!

Had lunch with Fah and Dol at MacDonald’s. Thank God for great, entertaining friends!

As if the whole series of unfortunate events were not enough, I had to endure terrible traffic in the evening. Left the office around 6pm and reached home 1.5 hours later. Such a tiring day. I might as well take the whole day off. Bladihel.

I guess God has plans of his own. Even for me.

When I got home, adik complained about his thumb. It was a bit reddish when he showed it to me. I promised to attend to it after my bath. While walking to the bathroom, I heard him said – ‘Mummy, my mother finger sakit!’

Laughed my hearts out. So did adik and kakak. I immediately relay the news to Deli (he was on the road, guiding Along and abang to Matrade for Mihas exhibition). We laughed and laughed and all seemed to be better. The series of unfortunate events or the fact that I wanted nothing more than a hot bath couldn’t top this. I felt lighter. Spirit and body weight. Haha.

Llaughter is the best medicine.

On a lighter note, Kakak told me that she was given 2 prizes during their morning assembly at school. One was for the highest marks in English (she had perfect scores) and the other was for second place for Science (97%, I think) for the whole of primary 2. It was for their tests last March.

We are so proud of her.

Adik was inspired as well and did his revisions without being asked. Good boy!

Nothing beats the news. Not even the series of unfortunate events earlier on.

God is undeniably fair. You just have to stop worrying about petty things and focus more on significant ones. Like your life.


p/s: Happy birthday to my boss!

1 comment:

Leymah Giggs said...

'mother finger?' hehehe..