Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Lost Symbol

My date with Robert Langdon was not as I imagined. I was hoping for a thrilling experience with countless of unexpected twists. Unfortunately it was lacking both the thrill and the unexpected.

I am a bit disappointed.

Probably I had my hopes set a tad bit higher than usual. Then again, with all the publicity and the super-tight security imposed on the process of producing the book, I expected an excellent product.

Instead, it was a letdown.

It was not exactly a page-turner like Da Vinci Code or Angels and Demons.

However, this is a personal feel. I have said it before, taste is a tricky substance.

Dan Brown is always a good read. I just don’t think The Lost Symbol is as good as his other books.

His next book, maybe?

2 comments:

purple geek said...

dah habis baca dah?

The Star Gazer said...

Yup and a bit dissapointed la... Feel like reading it again but couldnt bring myself to do it.. it's darn thick! hahahah.....