Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Right Stuff

Do the right thing for you.

I have heard it often enough but never really grasped the meaning of the phrase.

What is exactly the right thing for me?
How do I know if it's right?
Does good equals to right?
Does it mean conforming to the norm? Society standards? Cultural practices?

What is the right thing, exactly?

At this moment, I am really in need of an answer.

I have been going back and forth, thinking what is the right thing to do.
Sticking to my principles? My beliefs? Making sure everyone is pleased?

I want to be happy with my decisions but that would mean possible severe impact on other matters.

How can I do what's right for me when there are so many things to consider?
How can I do the right thing for myself without being selfish?

I know that life is unfair.

I was merely hoping that it would give me a break once in a while.

Now - seems like a good time for one.

4 comments:

purple geek said...

do what u think is right for urself. ppl are selfish. no one would blame u. if the tables are turned, they would do the same.

there is no "right" or "wrong". if it means possible severe impact on others, then so be it. if u think too much, u might end up not doing anything and would regret it in future.

The Star Gazer said...

Some wise words you have there babe :)

Thanks!

purple geek said...

haha this is something i learned from breaking up with foo yee last time la makcik! so of course, these are "experienced" wise words.

diana zainal said...

mizzy what your friend said is sebijik what you say to me as well.. or normally what I end up saying to myself after consulting you for advise and lepas tu sendiri yang jawab soklan sendiri.haha.. u know the answer already no matter how blurry it is. It may not be any clearer even after you have made the decision but at least you decided.