Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reaching for the Crow

I was getting ready to leave the house for work today when I saw Bear, our neighbor's cat (our favorite, btw) climbing our house fence, trying to get to something way up the street light.

Apparently he was aiming for a crow, perched on the pole. Believe me it was really, really high.

I left him to his pursue with a grin across my face, thinking 'silly cat'.

While braving through the usual morning traffic, I got into thinking about Bear's silly chase and the irony it's trying to tell me.

If a cat can be that optimistic, then I'm pretty sure I could do the same, if not better.

Maybe I should look at life from a different view - deal with life and the baggage that comes with it one day at a time and take things easy.

Less stress, better life, no?

Then again, it's also possible that God is trying to tell me to stop fighting a losing battle. Forget the impossible, don't focus too hard on unreachable targets and to maybe, be reasonable.

Life is funny, don't you think?

I think it is. Especially when you're trying to decipher life from a cat's crazy bird-chase!

Take it easy :)

No comments: