Monday, April 14, 2008

Secrets and Hopes

Kakak surprised me with her request to buy a notebook. Not just a plain notebook but a diary. Secret diary, were her exact words.

My oh my. I just couldn’t believe my ears. She has surprised both Deli and I quite often lately.

First, she showed off her talent in sports. She was in the 75 meters race and the 4x25m relay. She even brought home a medal for the relay event. This was the same girl who sat around, cheering for her fellow friends in the same carnival last year!

When we asked if she’s participating in any event, she just mentioned that she’s in the ‘baton-passing’ thingy. That was it. Imagine our surprise when the announcer called her name for the 75m race!! Deli rushed off to the finishing line to capture the historical moment!

Anyways, back to the secret diary. Kakak mentioned that nobody is allowed to read her diary – it being secret and all, except for adik and me. Deli voiced his frustration to the unfairness and kakak caved for a minute before announcing that NOBODY is allowed to read the diary at all.

‘I can help to check you spelling, you know’ I said, trying my luck. Guess what? She said OKAY. Hahahahah. The boys didn’t look happy at all.

She started writing almost immediately after we got home. As agreed, I get to check her spelling, followed by an open book discussion with Deli and adik.

Oy, this is not fair!

Hahaha. We’re just glad that she’s expressing her thoughts in a way she’s comfortable with. Even if half of the entries were about adik and how much a pain he was to her most of the times. There were entries about how much she cherish him as well.

Looks like she’s living up to her name – pearl of justice. I just wish it’s more frequent though! Sometime she did play her big sister card and drove adik crazy. In fact, adik and us both!

Adik being adik. He was my only hope (before knowing that kakak participated in events) to have inherited my ahem, talent in sports. He did live up to our hopes when he brought back a medal for tele-match for primary one. Yey to adik!

So. I’m excited to read kakak’s entry for today. Heck, I’m just excited that she fancy having a secret diary.

Do you have a secret diary?

3 comments:

diana zainal said...

:-) i used to have one or two or three.. anyway, u wait until she has a crush on some boy, then it's really gonna be a secret.. or will it?

The Star Gazer said...

Yana,
hahha... i have stacks of them when i was young(er)!! Kuah tumpah kat nasi la kot nih...

Leymah Giggs said...

Cayalah kakak..