Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Toad

I was sick for 2 days.

Rashes and humongous blotches appeared on my hands and tummy right after I finished my dinner on Wednesday. I was half human, half toad by midnight. Don’t even mention the purging. Urgh!

The GP mentioned something about allergy and told me to go easy on the seafood intake. I had the same symptoms last weekend after I had a generous helping of cockles sambal. However, I did not consume any seafood on Wednesday. We had briyani and chicken for dinner.

So I was off on Thursday. Had nothing more than plain rice and vege soup the whole day. I thought I was safe. Well as always – I thought wrong.

I headed to the office on Friday morning and saw some rashes on my arms but decided to ignore it. By the time I got in the office, I was again – half toad. Not only that, the itch was really, really bad.

I couldn’t wait much longer and headed straight to the clinic but had to wait for the doctor to officially start her day. In the rush to see the doctor, I didn’t realize it was only 8.15am. Geez.

When I finally get to see her, I was almost a toad. She wasted no time and ordered her assistant to prepare the necessary. One jab on the butt and I was ordered to leave the office before the effect kicked in.

Being the stubborn me, I decided to check my emails, did some replying and called some people before packing and leaving the office. I was lucky that the traffic had eased a bit. Took me 20 minutes to reach my destination but not without fighting the urge to doze off while doing so. I was driving at 40kmph at one point. Hehe.

Spent the day at home, enjoying the after effect of the jab and meds. Zzzzz....

3 comments:

PerantauSepi1306 said...

hopefully you are fine now, k.... mmmmmmm dah tak leh makan seafood ke ko ni arn??

Leymah Giggs said...

all this while boleh makan, now cannot ek?

The Star Gazer said...

PS: tak jugak.. entah ler.. dunno what i'm allergic to... isk

Giggsy: tu la cik.. sungguh kompius...