Friday, October 17, 2008

The Greener Grass

Always believe in silver lining. Always.

I had a crappy week, previously. I just can’t say the same for this week.

Went to a job interview on Tuesday and I really liked the portfolios. Yes, it was for 2 different posts. They will let me know of the results in 2 weeks, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for as long as I can.

ROP Project is smoothly sailing and we’ll be starting UAT a day after Deepavali. UAT is always my favorite segment in a project – the rush, the stress, the negotiation and the bickering. Nothing beats the feeling of fulfillment and joy of completing a UAT exercise.

The COO however was worried that we are not able the meet the deadline given by Bank Negara – to go live on 15th November. We have a couple of contingency plans in store, just in case. Fingers crossing required for this project as well. Adrenaline pumping with such pressure!

PU Project on the other hand, is healing very slowly. I am a bit more stern than I was because of what happened last week. I suppose some people has problems dealing with the fact they have to report to a Project Manager who’s a Senior Exec in position. Especially when that person is an AVP. Tough luck. Your boss asked for help. I did not raise my hands and feet volunteering to run the project. Yuck.

Now I understand why some colleagues wished me luck when they learned that I am in a project with that AVP.

During a meeting yesterday, an IT consultant mentioned about a new audit project that was given to his team to handle. He then casually told me that he requested to the CSO to have me manage the project. I know it’s clear death sentence – managing 3 audit projects at once. I don’t think I can handle it. I am already exceeding the capacity up to December! But I took the news as a compliment. To have been referred to in a good way. I must have done something right along the way. Alhamdulillah.

I am having a friend over to the house tomorrow. A friend I got to know while I was hospitalized. We’ve become good friends ever since. I guess there’s always the two sides of a coin :)

Oh, I need to hire a Business Analyst. Here are the details. Anyone interested?


Position : Business Analyst / Junior Project Manager
Division : SPO

JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :-
* Responsible for the establishment of business and functional requirements, analysis and documentation of business processes, facilitation of process walkthroughs, and test planning and execution

* The BA is the key liaison between the business community and systems developers, playing a key support role in the transformation of business requirements into functional solutions

* Communication with Project Teams to extract their Business requirements

* Analysis of parameter changes necessary to support the Business and functional requirements

* Assist and recommend to business line managers in development of new processes to support the Business and functional requirements

* Identification of processes and operational impacts of the Business and functional requirements

* Responsible to ensure project delivery according to stake holder’s expectations within Time, Budget and Quality Requirement

* Proactive in identification and participating in training and development requirements of the
Business Analysis

QUALIFICATION :-
* A relevant tertiary qualification

* Previous experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst would be an advantage

* Working knowledge of banking or insurance system would be an advantage

* Previous experience and training in Quality or Six Sigma methodologies would be an advantage

* Demonstrated analytical ability and an inquisitive nature

4 comments:

Aslinda said...

Awat tak mai kenduri

Aske'

Anonymous said...

me! me! me! hahahaha good luck in ur search, makcik!

The Star Gazer said...

Ke': Sorry about that.. the kids tak sihat. Terkejut masuk haunted house kat skolah..

VF: U can't apply.. nanti tak jadi kerja coz kita asyik borak jer..

PerantauSepi1306 said...

tahnk goodness.. minggu ni lebih ceria 4 u arn.. hopefully will be better onwards.. :D