Sunday, October 12, 2008

Of Last Week

It has been a crazy week. I can’t put it any other way.

One of the projects I’m managing went through turbulence and boy, was it messy. In 2 days, a lot of damage was inflicted upon my integrity, communication among team members and worse of all; the top management was involved in the mess. By top management I meant the CFO, CSO, CIO and an SVP. It was bad.

Day 3 was spent on damage control. Tiring, I tell you. Not to mention the searing wound imprinted on me. I foolishly sent an email to the team - somehow laced with sarcasm. I received an apology soon after by the team’s rep. I hope they will know better the next time they decided to be smart.

Case closed. I’m moving on. The whole incident took almost 4 days. Bladihel. Time wasted for almost nothing – all because of a jumpy Project Board member. Like I said – bladihel.

Luckily I had to conduct a series of briefing on project management to my new staff and a couple of interns from Holland. Given the size of the class, it was more of laid-back sessions rather than formal classes. A welcomed distraction indeed.

On a lighter note, Adnilsa invited me to her employer’s open house at Shangri-La on Thursday. I managed to drag a colleague along to the event and we had a great time stuffing our faces silly with good food. The company was interesting as well. Thanks dear J

Went to Deli’s parents’ today, to bid his elder brother farewell. He’ll be flying back to Riyadh on Saturday. We were on the highway when we heard funny noises as if something was stuck to the wheels. There was nothing else but the noise but soon after, Deli mentioned about the steering losing its power. We learned that one of the belt (don’t ask me which one – but not the timing belt) has snapped beyond repair.

So we had to borrow a car (of Deli’s brother) and leave ours. It’s weird sitting in a sedan when you are used to mpvs. It’s as if there’s no end to the already crappy week.

I am looking forward to a better week. I seriously do. I hope your week was better than mine.

2 comments:

PerantauSepi1306 said...

ooooooo arn.. memang sangat memeningkan jer wiken ko ni ye.... hopefully you'll get a better one this week onwards

The Star Gazer said...

Sydde: I hope so too. Mentally exhausted dah nih...