Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another Gem Off The Shelves & Into My Hands

I am reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (who else... hehe).

It's amazing that I couldn't put the book down and literally glued to it since the odd page of numero uno.

Started reading the book on Monday and am now half way through it. Gosh. I have got to slow down.

I am a picky reader and have set, sometimes insane standard of excellent reading material. I know that taste is a very tricky substance, so please don't take my words as your gauge in determining a good read. We are after all, of different moulds and preferences.

Now back to the book. I'm not a very good narrator, so bear with me, if you please.

I am impressed with the character Anna who's torn between keeping her sister alive, submitting to her parents' wishes and sticking up for herself. I am awed at how she could think of what she wanted for herself and how she's struggling to balance hope and dissapointment.

I don't even know if I could feel such combo of emotions at the age of 13. Let alone doing what she did. Amazing, amazing character indeed.

I am looking forward to finishing the book by Saturday.

Am hoping to get and start reading Handle with Care this weekend.

Oh, by the way, My Sister's Keeper will hit the theaters in UK and US on June 26th. Hope it screens in KL soon!


p/s: Happy birthday to Dol :)

No comments: