Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Other Half

I saw a Korean variety show on tv a few days back. It was all laughs but something a contestant said caught my attention. I couldn't remember the exact words but it was something like this:


When you bad-mouth your spouse, it's like talking bad about yourself. It's because you chose your spouse and he/she is the reflection of you and our choices.


Something along that line.


I couldn't agree more.


I have met people who talked about their spouses like they were mortal enemies. I can understand that sometimes things weren't that rosy and you'd want to vent about it. I can also understand that sometimes a person teased and joked about their partners. 


I don't however, think it's alright to constantly bad-mouth your spouse to other people. It's not a nice thing to do and to listen to.


I personally think it's only right for us to uphold our spouses' dignity. Ours as well. Literally.


After all, a relationship is about tolerating the good, the bad and the in between. If that is non-existent, then you might want to consider getting out of that particular bond.


Life is short. We might be dead tomorrow. Why dwell on hate when you can be happy?


Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone ~Stronger by Kelly Clarkson~



No comments: