Saturday, March 19, 2005

Hell Day

Yesterday was officially hell day! *Please excuse my choice of words*

Was in the office a little before 8am. Bossy Boss asked to help GR with CDCS ratings and all. Managed to get everything done after numerous amendments and the sort. It was very, very tiring. Was trying very hard to cencentrate on the worksheet and answer HRSC calls at the same time. It's times like this when i could use an extra hand or better yet, an octopus!

The final copy was sent to level 12 at 5pm. I was about to proceed to other matters when my gut urged me to relook at the formulas. Am i glad that i decided to do that! Apparently, i had worked on the wrong file! The one before the revised figures! Rushed to see GR and she was not pleased. I offered to see CDCS HOD just to check if i had really sent the wrong file and prepared myself for the worse. Went to level 12 to modified the formulas. Could almost felt my heartbeat incrasing rapidly while waiting for him to decide on my fate.

There was a brief moment of total silence.

'There's gonna be a riot in front of my office tomorrow', he said.

I apologized repeatedly and will bear full responsibility for the mess i've caused. To my suprprise, he was not mad - at all! No yelling or screaming or even cynical statements. GR said that he was glad that i detected the flaw before finalizing the document. Otherwise, there'd really be a riot!

I told Bossy Boss about it. He was not mad or anything - which is weird. Maybe it's because i have fixed the problem and informed him of the situation OR maybe he's so happy to see me working my ass off till 9pm!

I am so relieved right now.

No comments: