Monday, March 07, 2005

Sepet

Taking a day off from work to spend time with my better half. Send the kids to school before making a move to Bandar Utama. Did a bit of window shopping, followed by hearty lunch at TGIF and watched a movie – Sepet.

I’ve read reviews on Sepet countless times before. I had high expectations for the film. With good reviews of the movie in mind, I braced myself to the empty theatre. In less than ten minutes, the crowd grew larger. Mostly of Chinese teens and Malay youngsters. A few old timers and a smaller crowd of my age.

It started fine. The actors were really fine too – looks and acting-wise. Seong who played Jason or Ah Loong was so right for the part. He’s like a virgin to dating and film acting. Same goes to Amani who played Orked. There’s nothing special about the story-line. The parts however, were played diligently. Intonation, facial expression and bady language. It was all pure and honest. This is like a captured moment of an everyday life.

I’ll watch it again. Definitely.

No comments: