Sunday, September 11, 2005

Blessings

I believed when God decides on our fate, He has his own ways of balancing between triumph and pain. It’s happening every single day of our lives. We just need to stop for a while and try to appreciate them. Even for the pain that was sent upon our way.

A BIG thing happened in the office last Thursday.

The Dutchman panicked.

I was caught off guard.

Director of Project Management wanted to see me.

We talked for 10 minutes.

There’s nothing but smiles and good news for all.

Yup. I got it. After giving it much thought and weighing the pro and cons (besides that fact that I really wanted it), it’s finally mine, though not a hundred percent just yet. It will be once I get the official letter.

It’s starting on Monday so I had to do a bit of studying. Need to prepare some documentations as well to be sent out soon.

Most of all, I am thankful. Despite the fact that the ‘other’ Director was not happy with the arrangement. I will prove that I am capable of performing the job. I will, insya Allah.

On a lighter note, we had a wonderful weekend. Spent Saturday in Great Eastern Mall for Deli’s spanking new glasses. Kakak and Adik got themselves 2 vcds each. Had tea at Strudels. Kakak absolutely loved their chocolate éclairs. Me? I got to pay for all the purchases.

Was off to Mid Valley Mega Mall soon after. Was looking for a laptop bag but couldn’t find any to my liking. I had M’s UCB pink bag as the benchmark and boy, it’s d*mn hard to even find anything at par with that!

For today – spring cleaning, laundry and the sort.

Will go some place nice for dinner. I feel bad that I had to spend so much time in the office since I started this job. I’m trying hard to make it up to the babies, in terms of quality time. We love good food so hunting for great eatery is one of the way to spend time. Just the four of us.

Talked to Deli last night, about our jobs. We both have jobs with high demand of time and attention. Spending more than the normal office hours was inevitable. Our jobs differ in so many ways but have one thing in common. We felt appreciated. People value our knowledge and self-worth and that itself, worth so much more than a pile of cash (though having more of it would be great).

Sometimes people never stop and appreciate what they have. At least not frequent enough. Sometimes the job doesn’t offer much in terms of monetary but rewards you even more in terms of self respect and knowledge.

I guess you will never know how it feels until you have experienced it yourself.

Stop. Count your blessings. Others might not be as lucky as you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awak, hari tu kita nampak awak makan ngan dutchman.. (love love). terus jatuh hati ni.

The Star Gazer said...

Jangan dude.. dah ada cop mohor kat dahi dia tuh.. :)