Sunday, September 04, 2005

No can do!

Life is about balance. It definitely is. When God decided to make you glow with joy yesterday, He’d also decided on unpleasant incidents due you way at any time.

It has nothing to do with the good news in the previous entry, thank God!

The unpleasant was unveiled yesterday, late in the evening. Amoi did give the heads-up while walking back to the office from lunch. I didn’t want to believe it at first but was prepared for the worst, just in case.

Had a terribly long conference call to Singapore – nearly three and a half hours conversation with a lot of open issues and pending matters. By the last half hour, I was too tired to concentrate. As soon as the call was over, the Dutchman called me. He tried to brief me on the ‘unpleasant thingy’ but was interrupted several times coz people kept coming back to the meeting room and he seemed to want to discuss the matter privately. He didn’t get to finish telling me about it but it’s exactly the thing that Amoi told me earlier.

I have made up my mind. I am not negotiating.

You can’t have all the good things in life. I agree. But I won’t settle for less. Not because I’m arrogant or anything like that. It has never been a problem for me before but not this time. This time around, I am standing my ground. I will not budge.

So. Miss Director of HRS, I am no longer interested in the offer. I want nothing to do with the project. Not anymore. Good luck in finding the ‘right’ person. I’m not going to participate in this stupid game of yours. It’s your loss, not mine. I’m not going to pretend nothing happened and be super friendly with you. I abhor hypocrites and I don’t intend to be one.

Maybe that’s why I have been delaying the intention of buying a laptop. I might not need it at all.

Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy my weekend with my three beautiful babies.

No comments: