Friday, June 30, 2006

Yey for Yesterday, Nay for Today

Yesterday was a good day indeed.

Traffic was surprisingly clear and I managed to secure a spot at a cheaper car park. Tak tahan nak bayar $8 a day hari-hari. The cheaper (by $1.50) car park is just behind the office but ramai doggy dog yang suka lepak under the car. Takots la. Takut kena gigit, takut terlanggar.

Plus, the 'anney' in the ticket booth lacks PR skills compared to the one sitting in the $8-car-park ticket booth. Marketing tactics, i suppose coz secara tak langsung it got me to park there almost everyday. Heheh.

The test script proposal i presented to the bosses was accepted with minor changes. That was a relief! It was always 'no' or 'this won't work' when I tried to pitch in ideas to Raccoon. This time around, it went through - almost 95% of the original document. I rock - yeah!

In the afternoon, I was trying hard to understand PRINCE2 stuff and some project documents that I almost wanna campak my books away coz I couldn't put the 2 together. As the last resort and because I was too exhausted to think, I went to see my boss for some words of wisdom.

Let's just say that a book was saved from being thrown to the wall (like I'd really do that).

Today's supposed to be a great day coz the cat is not around so the mouse is free to do what the heart desires. Deli's off from work as well but had to settle some problem in Brazil's production or design or something like that. He sent me off to work only to take a WRONG turn and I ended up walking for 2 blocks! Annoying indeed.

I was making my way to the office elevator when I saw Syam NB puffing his smokes away and hailed me with sign-language orang cacat, ajak pegi mamak's stall for breakfast. Had one roti telur and teh tarik and I was all set to start the day.

Skipped lunch and went to The Weld for some stuff. Bought Ultraman and Strawberry Shortcake vcds for the kids and some essentials for myself.

Didn't have much to do today so I spent most of the time minimizing the mess on my desk and wondering why lambat sangat to 4.30pm. Syam NB dropped by my place - so called to kill time and we talked like tak kisah alam sekeliling. Deli called to say that he's still waiting for some vendor to sort the thingy that needed sorting out so he's stuck in the office for a few more hours.

I was a bit upset coz i was stuck in the office on a Friday afternoon when orang lain dah nak balik and i can't balik rumah coz the house keys are with Deli.

That's when VF called with a weird opening speech of 'need company?' like iklan 1-900-xxx in the US. Eh, betul ke 1-900? It's the you-know-what number to call when you're lonely and h*rny at any point of the day.

Apparently Deli called her and asked if she could accompany me jalan-jalan while waiting for him. Darn it. Nak marah pun tak jadi. He's such a darling. Ops. Ada orang yang akan kembang la ni nanti. :P

So VF and I walked to BB Plaza for a quick shopping spree. Had dinner at Johnny's and continued on with more shopping. I wanted so much to get a yummy pink shoes but managed to control myself from actually buying it. I was such a good girl - didn't even buy a thing that day!

Had a looong walk from BB Plaza to KL Convention Center. Kurus kakiku!

We picked up the kids at 8pm and got an earful from both of them. LUCKILY, i had the vcds to compensate and stop them from nagging. They're even worse than Tok Mak, i tell ya. Mengomel macam nenek tua. I almost wanna cabut my ears and put them in the glove compartment!

Have a good weekend people!

No comments: