Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Grrr!

Good things don't normally last.

This morning, the roads were clear and the kids were such angels. At any normal days, they're angels with little horns on their heads with teeny weeny tails just above the butts. Today's not that kinda day.

I thought 'hey, this is a good start'.

Until I parked my car.

I had just pulled the car keys from the ignition when suddenly ada air terpercik to my window and windshield. A strong smell of coffee hit the nostrils and my blood pressure pun 'go upstairs' almost immediately.

Took my bags, got out of the car and to my annoyance, a quarter of the car was covered in coffee.

The kancil next to my car actually ran over a packet of coffee lying on the ground. The driver was a guy who pura-pura looked sorry but never offered to help me wipe off the stain. His only words were, 'tak ada air ke? kalau ada air, boleh basuh' and left.

There was not even one bit of apology. I know it was not his fault but some sort of an apology would suffice. After all, bukan kereta dia yang berbau kopi!

Thank God for the stack of tissues I hid in the glove compartment! I emptied my drinking water bottle and did what i could but the stains were a tad bit stubborn.

Walked to the office, had my breakfast, filled my water bottle with tap water, took a roll of toilet tissue and walked back to the car park. People were looking while i tried to scrap off the stains. They must think that the parking management ada service cuci kereta.

Dang.

Work was no different. It's another day of being tested to the max. That's just work. Not a big deal. No matter how hard it is, it will soon end. The phase, I mean. Not the work.

Walked over to SPK building to see VF for our first session at the gym. We spent 1 and a half hour there, enjoying every bit of it. I could feel the pain in my right knee creeping up but it didn't stop me from completing the session. We had fun and planned for another session on Thursday.

I don't normally take jalan yg depan bangunan MAS tu but yesterday, that road was rather clear so I decided to take that route. I wanted to make a right turn to KLCC, at the Shangri-La junction so i stayed on the second lane which clearly shows a split arrow to the right as well as to the road ahead. I don't know why I picked that lane coz normally I would take the lane with no 'split-arrows'. I didn't even remember if I turned on the right indicator.

It happened so fast.

I was making my right turn when suddenly a bike hit my car from the right (coz he's going for road straight ahead). I hit on the brakes, saw the bike went down and the rider thrown off the bike. I felt my heart stopped beating while it all happened. Luckily the rider stood up and bystanders helped to wheel his bike away from the junction. A traffic police was there and he asked which lane was I in and when I said the second lane, he said 'okay'.

I got off the car, with wobbly legs, trying to be calm and rational.

So there we were, trying to comprehend what happened. I asked the guy if he's okay and he said 'yes'. Some minor scratches here and there. I asked if he wanted to lodge a police report but he didn't say anything. There was an Indian guy who kept on rambling about making a police report and blablabla. I don't really mind coz I was in the right lane. Only thing was, I didn't remember if i turned on the indicator. Maybe I didn't. The rider on the other hand, should not have stayed between the two lanes when he was not actually going for the right turn. Not that i'm trying to pin this on him, but it's just not right.

So i looked at his bike - not that bad. He went and looked at my car - some scratches and dents, the side bar dah tanggal and the side mirror was a total wreck.

Again, I asked if he wanted to lodge a report, to which he said 'tak apa la. saya betulkan motor saya, akak betulkan kete akak'. We shook hands, said sorry and left the scene.

That's the end of July 12th for me.

No comments: