Wednesday, January 02, 2008

As I Mature

Today's my bithday.

Let me just start off by saying thanks to friends, old and new - for the birthday wishes, emails, cards and presents. That was very nice of you guys. I didn't even think I'd be getting any birthday present at this age! Heheh..

However, Deli decided to surprise me much earlier than my actual birthday. Nine days in advance, to be exact. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase SURPRISE!! Well i'm not complaining! Heheh..


When i got back from the office, i found this on my bed.

Underneath it was a nicely wrapped box

Ripped the wrapper to find a box with a musical note sign on it

When I flipped over the box, I saw this. I was confused for a sec.
Silly me - I got it wrong
In the box, was this spanking, glittering and magnificent piece of toy.
Instead of jumping with joy, I cried.
Not the kind of happy tears that you normally see on tv but the death-from-terminal-illness kind of crying. Seriously.
I have no explanation. I didn't even know where the tears came from. I just cried. It was not a pretty sight.
I was touched. Not that he has not given me anything before but i seriously can't explain why it made me cry.
I wanted to buy a laptop with my bonus in March. I figured with the new job scope (still crossing everything that's crossable!), a laptop is essential. I have been eyeing on the lime green Dell. Babelicious!
I didn't know Santa was being extremely generous this year. Otherwise i would have mentioned the Samsung plasma tv! Hahah..
Anyways, I am very blessed to be living the life and being around family and friends.
Happy Birthday to me.

5 comments:

TheGreenLover said...

Happy Birthday sis!

That is definitely a yummy gift!

Well, it's not too early to start hinting on the plasma tv for the next bday you know - more time to prepare the $$$ and can demand for d bigger size..haha!

Leymah Giggs said...

Bestnye dpt laptop. Happy birthday to u cik! Can I oso hint IPhone to Deli? Hahahaha.. Bile nak wat makan2 lagi? Lama tak gossip2..:p

nong said...

HAPPY BDAY!!!

Bestnya dpt laptop...... woohhoooo!!!

Anonymous said...

Arn...

Happy birthday to you....A belated wish from me...So sorry...Hope you had a great birthday, and I'm sure you had !!! With tears!! Hehehehe...

p.s. Bila lah nak bawak naeem jumpa kak durrah and abg haziq eh


Aske'

The Star Gazer said...

Thank you all :)

Yus: Great idea! A bigger size is definitely essential to see the jerawats clearly. Hahah.

Leymah: Bila2 pun okeh. What about Jan 29th? *hint*

Nong: Sememang nyer best! Now i just need to get a yummy laptop skin to serikan dia lagi. Hehe.

Aske: Bila2 pun boleh dtg beb..