Friday, January 11, 2008

Blast From The Past

I'm listening (instead of watching) to MTV right now. They're playing songs from the 80s.

Ahh. Music that are familiar to my ears.

It's airing She's Like The Wind by Patrick Swayze. Oh goodness. Yummylicious. Face - not voice though. Heheh. Lookes like a soundtrack from a movie but couldn't tell which one.

Since we're talking about blast from the past, I have some interesting tale about my performance rating form.

- My Perogative by Bobby Brown is on -

My boss told me that he was given a very bad rating without even a chance to dispute. It's close to being Below Expectation if not BE itself. Apparently his boss and him don't see eye to eye about a lot of things and a way for his boss to make a point is to mess with his rating.

Talk about being professionals. Urgh.

- Red, Red Wine by UB40. I love them!! -

The thing is, it's spilling into my rating as well. Now this, I won't tolerate. It's not about the bonus (oh yeah, it does!) but what it says about me and my performance. I worked my arse off last year and no way in h*ll am I gonna let someone who doesn't know a thing about what I do, mess with that.

I'm putting my foot down. I won't consent the form. I'll die defending my rating, if I have to. Especially if I have to suffer because of a feud I'm not involved in. Jeez.

Wah. Such spirit.

- Marabahaya by Pop Shuvit. Eh, what happened to the songs from the 80s? -

Anyways, that's not the only thing that pissed me off this week. As expected, I had to be the Pricipal Project Manager for the one where I was supposed to be the Business Analyst. This is on top of the BA role, mind you. I am, as always the multipurpose robot in projects.

Frankly, I'd rather have this project phase as a Change Request. The deliverables are due by March 1st and I know by experience that we won't have enough time to even develop the solution. I drafted the project plan and it's already spilling to mid March.

Urgh. This is not gonna be pretty.

I also hate the fact that the team members still see me as a clerk rather than a PM. It's because I'm not a Manager. In this organization, people couldn't care less about what you say or do, unless you are a Manager. You don't have to be a Manager who knows what you're doing. You just have to be a bloody Manager.

I hated the fact that I took this job in a haste and settled for less. Darn.

You know what, I think I'm getting tired of doing this. Doing things that I don't really fancy and not have my 100% interest in. Maybe I should just quit and find out what I'm destinied to be.

Maybe. Just maybe.
Baby Cat pulling a 'whatever' face

Meanwhile, let me just enjoy my spanking new Starbucks diary. Heheh.

3 comments:

Leymah Giggs said...

Pity u cik. Just go out there and defend ur bonus.

larawannabe said...

bukan ke lagu patrick swayze tu from dirty dancing?

anyway, i sometime think performance rating is such a farce. it very much depends on whether or not you are your boss' favourite of the moment, isnt it? if your boss likes you, you get good ratings, if not, nasib lah. instead of reflecting your true work.

TheGreenLover said...

I agree with lara..And the thing with performance rating - no matter how excellent we've been the whole year, the bosses will only remember the ONE time when we made a tiny mistake and use it as an excuse not to give good ratings.Bonus tetap bonus - go for it!