Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dazed and Betrayed

I have not written anything for almost 3 weeks now.

That’s exactly how long I have been living in great stress. Just work though. My personal life is doing fine.

A lot had happened – most were totally unexpected.

Let’s see. There was the unexpected humiliation, the unexpected admittance of fault, the unexpected ignorance and just a couple of days ago, the unexpected accusation.

It’s actually a long story but the gist of it would be me, standing firm, defending the project discipline while the project QA agreed with the VP to start unauthorized work! Well it was more dramatic that what I have written. I know that because when I left the VP’s room, it was like walking on air. I was confused, angry and sad - all those feelings at the same time.

Most of all I felt betrayed.

The person, whom I trusted and looked up to, had let me down. To make it worse, he was supposed to be my new boss. Yes, he’s the Dutchman.

I won’t elaborate on the rest of the unexpected events but let’s just say that all of those made the word STRESS my new best friend.

I had a really good talk with my boss. He actually listened to my griping and threw a little advice here and there. Suffice to say that I now have second thoughts about the transfer. I am still thinking and still am torn between staying and leaving till this very moment.

Let me think for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lama tak baca blog makcik....
u mean to say that pakcik betrayed u? u serious?? why??

Leymah Giggs said...

what happened?