Monday, June 30, 2008

Maybe. Just maybe.

Bladihel.

I know, I know. It’s not a nice word but I am in a faulty mood.

Last week was simply crap week at work. Fortunately, I have 3 cool friends whom by now are so used to listening to my constant griping without having melted earwax oozing out of their ears.

See, that’s how the universe works – the good and the bad, yin and yang or whatever it is that people believe about the balance between good and evil.

So work is crap. I can’t put it any other way. I am allowed to complain because I have done the necessary – talk to the boss, find other opportunities and not just sit quietly at a corner and do nothing.

I think it’s a cool philosophy (cewah!) – if you don’t like it, do something about it. Otherwise, you are not entitled to whine.

What pisses me off is the fact that the company is treating its staff like stupid zombies. Every company needs a re-org every now and then – no doubt. I have been here for 2 years now and have changed division 4 times!! It’s like changing (big) bosses every half year. Freaking funny, isn’t it? Did I mention that I have moved 4 times as well? Oh yes, I have. This time around, I am keeping my stuff in the boxes. Until someone can guarantee that it's my permanent workstation, my stuff will stay in the boxes.

What made me doubly upset is because my transfer is put on hold because of the 5th re-org. Yup. We are currently going through another round of freaking re-org. My boss assured me that it will not affect the transfer process but I’m not holding my breath. Transferring to a different division means that I have to obtain approval from the new boss(es). There is a possibility that it will not go through. I heard the new department focuses more on managing projects and I happen to have that little experience on project management, though not properly certified.

Now I am hearing that we might not move to the new department. The Dutchman and my boss are talking about it in the next cubicle. Oh crap. Now we have to join them in a meeting about the new department’s setup.


Updates after the meeting, 2pm.

Did I mention that work is crap? Well I can’t stress it enough.

Looks like the portfolio of the new department has yet to be defined. Funny that WE are supposed to propose to the management on what our functions would be. Bottoms up, people!!! Look at it any way you want.

Maybe I’m not able to see any good or positive outcome because I’m being bitter at the moment. Maybe somewhere, deep, deep, down, the change will do me good. Deep, deep, deep, further below the deepest layer there is. Maybe. Just maybe.

I also noticed that my section was not mentioned in any of the presentation slides. Maybe we won’t have to join them after all. Yey!

Oh but it was short-lived.

More surprise - an email was sent to all HODs while we were all in the meeting – it was an official announcement about our little section joining the new department, effective from July 1st. Received a copy from the SVP of Human Capital.

There you go.

Somehow I have a bad feeling that my transfer will not go through.

P/s: I was tagged by PerantauSepi on posting of old IC but I have no idea where mine is. Sorry babe :(

3 comments:

diana zainal said...

i feel for you..can only lend you my ears and nose and eyes (if u want).. wish i can help you more. let's pray that everything will be ok after this.

PerantauSepi1306 said...

dun worry dear.. reading ur complicated work life I understand why all the mood is not there... wish u have more interesting side of family life to help you cheer up those dark working hours you have to face daily...

The Star Gazer said...

Yana: Thanks for the offer.. :)

PS: Luckily things at home are just fine. If not for them, I might just lose my marbles... Thanks :)