Friday, April 24, 2009

MAC Pavilion - Oh so rude!

Earlier this evening, Yana and I had a little GNO with a very specific goal in mind – to shop!

Yana wanted to get a black bag, a croc shoes and a MAC lipstick/gloss. My part in the fun game was to talk her into buying stuff, make the best choice and unofficially offer her my hands and shoulder to sling or carry the day’s catch. Or catches? Heheh..

I was not looking for anything in particular and had no issue playing the role of BFF for the evening.

The quest to get a MAC lipstick/gloss was supposed to be the easiest. Instead, we were in for an unexpected and unforgettable experience.

I didn’t know if we looked like we couldn’t afford anything they’re selling or that I was wearing just t-shirt and jeans. Maybe it’s the fact that we are locals and deserves no attention or that we didn’t pick up a lot of stuff from the shelves.

My not-so-classy looking t-shirt

The cashier walked a few feet away from the counter and started re-arranging stuff while continued on ignoring us, standing like idiots in front of the cash register.

She knew we were there. I could see that she was watching us, probably scared that we might steal a thing or two from the counter.

Yana and I stood for a good 5 to 8 minutes before someone actually came to us and asked if we needed help. Well, duh!

Yana launched to her bitchy mode and started yakking in excellent English that left the cashier and the salesperson baffled. They apologized, not profusely but that didn’t stop Yana the Warrior Princess from yakking even more.

The cashier was upset, judging by the way she shoved the bills Yana handed her into the cash register. I hope she got blisters while doing so.

My catch for the day.

Funny thing is, that was not our first time. We seriously think that they looked down on people like us. Let’s face it; a customer is still a customer regardless where they’re from, how they dressed or even if they didn’t buy a thing from your little shop. A satisfied customer might lead to more sales. A disgruntled customer might blog about the experience and smear mud on your business!

By the way, it was MAC at Pavilion.






5 comments:

vunfung said...

nie reminds me of when i went to a guess shop the last time. %$^%&*@ rasa nak maki pun ader tau?

The Star Gazer said...

tell me about it! mentang2 la kita tak nampak macam orang kaya..

diana zainal said...

but all I can say is what the hey.. this nice guy from Benefit counter actually said that I didnt look that bad when I told him the story. he added that there have been a few reports saying that MAC people are snobbish.. like hello, i makan gaji, u makan gaji, it's not as if you own the distribution rights to MAC make ups right?

Spena said...

hmm....bila u i ni? i pakai lagi selekeh dari u, usually, u know me, but i went to mac yesterday and the service was good. or maybe they think i'm a foreigner ;-)

PerantauSepi1306 said...

hehehehe arn.. len kali kalo nak sopping pakei cam artis sket, paih tu wat aksi terlampau.. pasti layan cam princess.. in which definitely not my style, and urs too i believe ;D