Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Switching to Fighting Mode

I thought things are better than it first started.

I've made peace with the task assigned.

I attended the Compliance training with a cheery mood.

Peoples say that good things won't last long (or forever?).

After lunch, I was told that Jay has tendered his resignation. I was sad to lose such talent but at the same time, happy for his soul. I have told the Dutchman over and over that I think Jay will not be content staying with nothing much, let alone challenging things to get his hands on. It's a waste to have such enthusiasm but nowhere to channel it to.

After the training, I was told that we (Jay, the Dutchman and I) were to perform clerical work at an operations department for 3 freaking months instead of the assignment of proposing process improvements in 1.5 months.

By clerical I meant removing staples from proposal papers and stuffing papers into brown folders.

So there I was, shocked to learn the news while the Dutchman's cursed and swore fluently.

Yes, I am really, really upset right now.

I have every right to feel used and betrayed.

I have every right to march into HR office and talk about this though I know they will not do a thing.

I have every right to escalate this matter to the CEO, if need to.

Then again, I must have done something really bad to be deserving such fate.

No comments: