Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Here's my letter, sir.

Hmm. Where do i start.

After the discussion with a particular somebody last Friday, it was back to sleepless nights. Okay - actually, it's not just me. A colleague of mine was offered a job as well. We're supposed to be in the same team, him being my supervisor. We went on saperate interviews and only got to know that we were talking to the same party one fine day over casual chit-chatting. We decided to leave and start fresh in Cyberjaya. Everything went well until last Friday. I was ready to submit both offer and resignation letters on Monday but had to delay it due to the discussion.

Yesterday, he decided to reject the offer and left me feeling all confused and irritated at the same time. I understand his concerns and will not at any cost try to persuade him to do things he has no interest in. He said he's not ready. Fine. I don't think i'm ready as well but i'm willing to give it a shot. I have to make things work for me, my family and everything that i believed in.

When i accepted this offer 6 years ago, i had no single clue on the software or anything related to it. I know i had to learn fast coz Bossy Boss expected me to know everything. I was yelled at for not knowing the functions and macros in Excel. I had to read a lot of thick, boring manuals and make every mistakes possible to learn the right way of getting things done.

I will do it again if i have to.

And because of that, i have tendered my resignation at 12.20pm today.

It was a painful experience. I never expected any counter-offer or anything like that. It's farfetched, i know, but i did not expect him to be so... cold.

I gave him the letter, he read it, and immediately said, 'Okay. I'll need to find ur replacement.'

Not even a decent question on why, how, when, or anything like that. Nothing at all. It was less than 5 minutes. As i walked towards my cubicle, i heard him calling the IT Manager, asking if she has anyone in mind to take my place.

So there goes. I feel so unwanted. I don't know why i waited for so long to give him the letter. I should have just give it to him as soon as i got the offer.

Yesterday, i still had doubts about leaving but as at this moment, I can't wait to leave.

7 comments:

anedra said...

hey, it's all in a day's work. Its really their loss and not yours! And, afterall look at the bright side of it - you're going to a new place, which I'm sure has better things in store for you.

To top it all off, your JetLi dah balik kan?

Go manja-manja a bit with him. That'll help surely!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Respect ur guts. All the very best at the new place!

Anonymous said...

SL,

It's gonna be better days in years ahead. All the best

aske

Anonymous said...

Kak Arn,

no worries, everything will turn out just fine.. fyi, my bintat boss pun lebih kurang your bossy boss jugak.. and she is in M now.. hehe anyways, i wished when i tendered haritu she was around so that I can slap it on her face... heheh

Good Luck Sis!

/MummyChomel

Anonymous said...

Wish u all the best....hell to ur bossy boss...org tak kenang budi betui...

The Star Gazer said...

D: Good suggestion! I'll try that tonite! *wink*

Jolie: Thanks! All the best dgn ur business jugak!

Aske: Insya Allah..

MC: Tak sangka ur bintat sama macam my boss! Ewww!!

Anonymous: Takpe la kan. Tunggu la hari dia nanti. Tuhan tu adil. Thanks!

Thank you all so much for the support! Really appreciate it.. :)

nong said...

K Arn....
U go gal.. good luck in your new place....