Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I Hate You, Oh Yes I Do!

It's been exactly a week since i tendered my resignation. A lot had happened but the incident yesterday really ticked me off.

Sent Bossy Boss an e-mail on my unutilized leave. I have 11 days in total, planning to use them all and that will make July 2nd my last working day. Immediately after reading the e-mail, Bossy Boss summoned me to his cubicle in his high-pitched-half-screaming voice. Jeez!

So in i went, all prepared to be shot at and was well prepared (as well) to return the shots. He said:

You will need to serve full notice period
Well heloooooo!!! It's exactly one month and i'm serving the full notice. I happen to have quite a number of unutilized pro-rated leave that i was not planning to take till July 7th but after what happened and how you treated me, i'd rather stay at home and watch telly all day long!

You should have told me earlier so i have ample time to find your replacement
I would not want to announce it to the world before i even get the offer letter. Honestly, i couldn't care less. You looked and sounded all confident that you'll find my replacement in a jiff coz i heard u called the IT Manager as soon as i leave your cubicle that day.

I need you to work at least until July 8th
Sorry naik lori.

When are you going to hand over all your responsibilities?
Now is fine with me. In case u didin't noticed, i have all my documents in place since day 1 and have listed all my job scope and resposibilities. Now who's the 'lucky' person to inherit all these?

Arghhh! Talking to him made me wanna strangle him to death.

On a lighter note, i'd like to thank a bunch of nice, good-hearted and dear friends of mine for their generous treat these past few days. Just had a hearty lunch at Chili's today, courtesy of Nyonya Siah. We ate and ate till nearly 3pm! VF said that Bossy Boss was all upset when he couldn't find GN and I. He actually called GN and asked what time we're coming back to the office. We did send him SMS saying that we're running a bit late. We both agreed that SMS would suffice. At least we have the guts to tell him that.

Had yummylicious chicken maryland on Monday at Cable Car restaurant. KMG and TSTB picked up the tab for that. Thanks so much, ladies!

Chili's new Boneless Chicken salad is to die for! Am totally full right now.

Now where's that pillow i had for times like this? *Yawn*

6 comments:

anedra said...

Ahhhh..you're so like me. When things aren't going right, I makan! But then again, come to think of it..I am always eating, anyway! regardless. best! hang in there dear! Tak lama lagi tu..can belanja you makan also!

Anonymous said...

you go girl...kasi paku sama itu bossy boss of yours....show what a woman power can do to him...keje tempat yg tak tenang pun boleh dpt headache. So...can't wait 4 your new job yeah..all the best!

The Star Gazer said...

D, totally! The tali i'm hanging on to dah nak putus nih!

Anonymous, u're totally right! It's about time for me to just leave my comfort zone (work-wise la)and brave myself to take on a new challenge! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

SL,

Hand in there dear! Anyway, take it easy with the food. Nanti nak turunkan balik susah lak.

aske'

Anonymous said...

SL,

sorry, I meant "Hang in there"


aske'

The Star Gazer said...

Ke', the makan2 tuh sebab people keep on treating me farewell lunch la.. heheh