Friday, July 22, 2005

Harry Potter

It’s my second week here and things are looking fine. I like it here. For once, I can really be a friend to my boss, spend time talking and sharing food with her. Everybody here is equal – no one is bigger than the next person. That’s the biggest difference.

Managed to get Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince last Saturday. Planned to be at Times KLCC by 7am but it’s quite hard to achieve that target when the kids literally refused to leave their beds. Reached the bookstore half an hour later and was surprised to see how deserted it was. There was no queue at all. We went in, took the book, pay for it, claim the goodies and left for Warung. The whole process took less than 10 minutes! Saw a long queue at Kinokuniya – which was weird. Maybe they offered better goodies and all. That might be it.

I’m still reading it. Managed to read half of it during the weekend and planned to finish it all but was very much sleep-deprived that I actually slept on the book. Am slowly reading it before bed each night. So far, I have a feeling that Snape is all rotten inside. Especially when he managed to teach the Defense Against the Dark Arts subject and particularly when he made the Unbreakable Vow to Mrs. Malfoy. Have a feeling that he’ll be doing something real evil this time.

I hope Harry will get together with Ginny Weasley. They’ll make a great couple and they’re both good in quidditch and jinxing people. I’m not sure how Ron would take the news though – if it really happens. I’m hoping that he’ll get together with Hermione. Opposite attracts, right?

I’ll try hard to finish the book by Sunday!

Mega sale has started. Am going to Isetan after work with my boss. I need to get more shoes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Shoes again....

The Star Gazer said...

Just so u know, i didn't get any though i saw one that i like. I saw some yummy-looking ones in Sg Wang. Now, those - i need to have!