Friday, July 08, 2005

The new beginning

I’m backkkk!

Have started the new job last Thursday. Attended a few hours of orientation before meeting the team. Initially the HR manager indicated that I’ll be spending a few weeks in KL for training and such before moving permanently to Cyberjaya – which is fine for me since I’ll be shifting to Bangi soon. I somehow got a different impression from my supervisor and project manager – that I need to be in KL till December or at least until we go live with the project. Erkkk!

SMSed Deli the news, thinking that we would need to delay the move to Bangi but instead, he insisted on the plan. So that’s fine then. I’ll commute for a few months. God knows how much I hate driving in KL! Blewrkkk!

The rest of my first day was well spent with my supervisor and project manager (PM). My supervisor is a 38 years old lady with 3 kids while my PM is a total Dutchman hottie! I still owe M and VF the dutchman’s pict. Yummmm!

Was left alone for an hour or so to do a bit of reading before joing the team for a meeting at 6pm. It went on for several hours but the dutchman insisted that I’ve had enough for the day and let me off at 7.30pm. Walked from the office to KLCC to meet VF and waited for Deli to pick us up. I was almost out of energy by then.

Picked up the kids from school at almost 8pm and headed straight to dinner at T2K. Called Sam for his training books – drove all the way to Gombak for that. All in all, it was a very tiring day. Retired to bed around 11pm.

Drove to work today. I was quite early so I managed to chat with my boss for a while before our morning meeting. We spent 2 hours on a conference call with a client in Singapore. Had quick lunch with the team at Wisma Cosway. Food was yummy and fast. Had another conference call with the same client for 2 more hours – tiring! Especially when we’re not getting the answer we needed from him. Continued on with a meeting with the PM before proceeding to the board room to meet the Director of Operations. Meeting ended at 8pm. Walked to the car park with my boss, listening to her complaints about the PM. I was so tired by then. Reached home almost an hour later. Jalan Ampang is forever packed with cars no matter what.

My PM just called. The Japanese functional team are leaving for Tokyo so they’d like to meet us one last time. Tomorrow. At 4pm. D*mn. I thought I won’t have to work on Saturdays ever again.

Lucky me, I have a super hottie dutchman in the team. At least I can ‘cuci mata’ when things get dull.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds very tiring....tho it's new opening to a new gate...hope u'll enjoy it...good luck..ceh..ceh..ceh..seronok cuci mate ye....dutchman hummm...i also dpt cuci mata 'coz my editorial teacher is scotish & canadian....emm...emmm.eemmm...

Anonymous said...

ehem ehem... report tak sampai lagi ni.. jangan la makan sorang.. hehehe

-M-

Anonymous said...

Amboi SL....

mentang ader hottie dutch guy...kerjaduring the wekend pun sanggup eh...hehehhehe


aske'

The Star Gazer said...

Anonymous: Heheh! Bertuah nya kita buleh cuci mata!

M: Lilek aa... nanti gua soh dia pose maut punya!

Aske': Sib baik tak jadik kije weekend tuh! Phew!