Monday, December 19, 2005

Hoping for more fun to come

Ah. Another week to live through – just hope it’ll better than the last one.

I’ve made peace with the wise guys. I will floss religiously and take good care of all three of them. Yes, all three of them are still there, partially surfaced in 3 odd ways. The triple forces of wisdom. I should be getting wiser by now. Triple of that, right?

Saturday was great! VF and Giggsy picked the kids and I at 1pm for the Dutchman’s Christmas party. He’s spending Christmas in Jakarta so we kinda arranged for an early celebration. Reached his pad half an hour later to find him stirring soto on the stove. We ended up cooking for him – under his so-called strict supervision and instructions. The Dutch chef brilliantly cited recipes for spinach and mushroom in cream cheese, beef and snow peas (Vietnamese style) and spicy ‘labu air’ (what do u call this in English?) with prawns and petai. The dishes were amazingly yummylicious! Especially the last dish – it’s to die for!

Not too bad for a single guy who doesn’t have the guts to drive. Hahah! I just have to bring that up.

Deli joined us by dinner. He had to work on that day. Not to make him feel uncomfortable eating on his own, we decided to have our uncountable round of stuffing ourselves with mouth watering, scrumptious, lip smacking food. Cakes and drinks were served afterwards while some of us watched soccer game between Man U and God knows which club.

Kids were the happiest when uncle Dutchman got them 2 presents each. Hey, what about the parents?

Adik was the center of attention when he diligently completed his 96 pieces jigsaw puzzle the Dutchman gave him in less than 45 minutes. Everybody clapped and cheered for him and he glowed with pride. Am very proud of my boy!



Kakak on the other hand was totally absorbed with her coloring gadgets. She too, received praises after completing a beautiful picture of a parrot. Nice work kakak!



Left Mont Kiara after the soccer game. Adik and kakak dozed off within 10 minutes of the ride home. Poor babies.

Si Belang asked if I have any annual leave to clear. I didn’t keep track of my leave anymore (very unlike me) so I had to check it in the Intranet and found that I have 6 days to utilize before 2006! Weehuuu! We’re not allowed to carry our leave to the next year so I’m starting my leave on Friday till Jan 3rd. Now we’re talking – I like!!

Hmm. Tok Mak is still in Singapore. She might be coming to KL to see her beloved son who’s having trouble in paradise with his fiancé. Deli is starting his leave on Dec 29th. We’ll have fun, fun and more fun before 2006 comes!

Just hope I’ll survive the coming 4 days.

Latest news - am scheduled for an interview with IN* tomorow morning. Keeping my fingers crossed!

4 comments:

nong said...

GOOD LUCK!!

Anonymous said...

lah..interview ngan ING pulak..hehehhe...I'm going for an interview next week, with Maybank...all the best for both of us :-)

Aske'

The Star Gazer said...

Nong & Aske: Tak dapat the job la.. they're looking for a junior staff.... paying less than 3K... takder rezeki..

Good luck Ke'!

nong said...

kak aske,
I'll be joining Maybank next year. ;)