Tuesday, December 13, 2005

In Pain

Am at home today. Have been on medical leave since Monday. Yep. Suddenly my wisdom tooth decided to show up. Problem is - there’s no more space for another tooth. I can only see half of it and to make it worse, it slants by 45 degrees. The pain is killing me and don’t get me started on the swelling. It’s as big as a golf ball. I maybe exaggerating on the size but what the heck, the painkiller is causing the hallucinations. Point is, I looked ugly. Funny too. It hurts a lot. Even yawning hurts. I’ve been living on instant noodles since then. Except yesterday when I tried on some pasta. It still hurts.

Before all that, my weekend was great.

Registered Kakak to CK. She was against the idea at first coz she wanted to go to another kindergarten with swimming pool. We managed to reason with her, so she’s okay with CK after that. After all, she’ll have a friend from TF going to CK as well, so at least there’s a familiar face. Both the teachers at CK and TF know each other – it made things easier for all of us.

Went to Sogo after that to get Kakak some school stuff. We bought shoes, bag and the whole thing. It was centuries ago when I had to wash my white school shoes every weekend. Now it’s my daughter’s turn! They grew up so fast! In a few weeks, she’ll be starting kindergarten! Sobs. I’m just glad that she’s really into going to KC and not afraid to explore and learn.

Adik on the other hand, was so excited to see Kakak goes to CK. He knows he’s younger than Kakak and he knows his turn will come next. He’s all excited and wanted a new bag as well. We bought him one so that he won’t feel left out.

Went to City Square’s Toys R Us for jigsaw puzzle and strawberry shortcake stuff. Adik can now do a 60 pieces puzzle so we wanted to see if he’s ready for the next level. Bought him 104 pieces of Mickey Mouse puzzle and he managed to pull it through! We’re so proud of him!

Kakak is now going ga-ga over Strawberry Shortcake stuff. Managed to find some SSC stuff but they are so overly priced. Browsed through Amazon.com for SSC stuff, which I found a lot and Kakak was jumping up and down with joy. I told her it’s USD10 per dvd and she immediately ran off to the kitchen, took a spoon and was literally making Deli dig her moneybox for ten bucks. I asked, what was the spoon for? She said, it’s to open her moneybox with. It was so cute! Heheh.

Urgh. The pain is back and I’m hungry. Not a good combination.

I hope everything’s gonna be okay so I don’t have to go for a surgery to remove the tooth.

Think I need to visit Anedra’s blog to get some pointers on how to deal with the pain!

4 comments:

anedra said...

Girl, go see a dentist. The swelling is prob because the area is infected, like what happened to me. Once they clean the infection, you'll be ok. Then u can extract the tooth. BUT I havent done so. No more pain maaa, no need to hurry!! Sebenarnya tengah chicken out ni!. I'll prob do that next month.

Good luck. take care. want me to recommend the dentist i went to?

Anonymous said...

wei girl..

jangkit dena ka ? hehehhehe.. omigosh.. kakak going to skool oredi.. i have so much catching up to do with you gals but reluctant to start the 'baking' project just yet heheh

The Star Gazer said...

Dena: Saw the dentist for 3 days in a row! Adoihh!! She said tak payah cabut pun takper coz it's not gonna grow anymore.. yippee!! I agree - no more pain, no need to cabut! heheh... The swelling dah kurang tho.. thank God! Which dentist did u go to? Kat Melawati eh?

Ariel: Jangkit from Dena? Probably la.. haha! Kakak yg nak start schooling, kita yg nervous! I guess it's something that we moms hv to go thru at one point kan.. Bila nak wat baking project? Kasi tau cepat so we can buy the 'bahan2'.. ;)

anedra said...

I went to the one at Ampang Putri. She's good. The only dentist there. Betul, tak sakit tak yah lah gi cari penyakit!! ;p

ariel: heyho! having too much fun u don't wanna bake huh?? notti notti! well, tell me when u've popped some brownies in the oven aye?