Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's Only Wednesday *sigh*

Okay. Somehow i can't seem to manipulate the entry dates. So here's the compilation.


Entry for Sunday, Dec 4th
Amoi and Giggsy have resigned last Tuesday. They were summoned by Jesse the CEO the next day and were shot from all angles. Unlucky Jesse coz he messed with the wrong people. Giggsy and Amoi defended themselves and threw him questions that he can’t even answer. Good going girls!

As if that wasn’t enough, the functional team was summoned to see Jesse at 5pm last Friday. The whole of functional team along with the directors, including the IT director but somehow, not the IT girls. Weird - but true.

To make it worse, I was wearing a Man U shirt to work! I didn’t wish to initiate small talk with Jesse – yuck!

The meeting was ugly. Jesse was screaming and yelling like a mad middle-aged, elite club soccer coach losing a game to a bunch of school kids. Not to mention the swearing and cursing. The air conditioning worked fine in the boardroom but my ears indicated otherwise. Everyone sat still. Nobody dared to move.

By the end of the meeting, a team member was kicked out of the project. I can’t put it any nicer coz that’s what happened. It was mean. We didn’t see it coming.

Plus, I ended up with the whole SGP document and had to do quality review for the weekend before Jesse decides on the fate of the team on Monday. This is not good.

Just hope that I still have a job by end of Monday.



Entry for Tuesday, Dec 6th

I was stuck in the lift this morning! It stopped at level 6 and refused to move. There were several people in there and am glad to say that nobody panicked. Well, maybe because we're only trapped for less than 10 minutes. Heheh.

Then again, it stopped at level 6. Is that a bad sign?

I hope not.

Yesterday's meeting went well. It was not as scary as the ‘corporate nightmares’ I had all weekend. Jesse was a bit relaxed and no unnecessary swearing or yelling was involved. That’s a change (unusual?). He was in the meeting for a good 15 minutes or so; I guess that didn’t give him enough time to say much.

So for the rest of the week, I’m supposed to review the amended document and be involved in the discussions. To tell the truth, my heart is no longer with the project. I dread the day when Amoi and Giggsy leave. I worry about the technical support. I worry about the team as a whole. I am the only one left from the initial team. I am the only one (left) who is supposed to know all but I am only one person, I can only remember so much. How do I survive being the only one to depend on? How do I survive without the IT girls? I shudder to think about all these.

I thought that I’m standing on a firmer ground – being the only one left, but I know I can’t do this alone. I just can't.

Payroll is not my cup of tea. It has never been.

Given all that had happened, I am not happy with the current arrangement.

Maybe it’s time to make a move.



Entry for Wednesday, Dec 7th

Belang was on half-day medical leave so I took over the discussion with the team. We spent the whole morning discussing and identifying items that needed further clarifications and so on. We even arranged a conference call with the client to settle things.

Things were moving, open items were closed and we have better understanding of the client’s processes.

Despite all those, despite all the initiatives and despite all the work that we have completed, we were accused of WASTING our time.

I don’t know what else to say.

4 comments:

nong said...

dear k arn,
hang in there ok...

The Star Gazer said...

Nong? Is dat u?? What happened to ur blog??

nong said...

Yes it's me. K Arn..drop me an email. I'll send ya my url.

noraini_alifakry@yahoo.com

nong said...

Oh well, what the hell..hehehehe... here it is:

http://flowerella.blogspot.com