Tuesday, February 01, 2005

One Busy Bee

Wow! Dah lama giler tak update my blog. Really, really lama. Kerja kat HSC memang bizi giler. The calls, the cases, blablabla plus my own assignments. Memang tak menang tangan. Sometimes, i really had to put down the headset and concentrate on what i'm doing. Pity my partner but i really had to. Kalau tidak, tak boleh nak fikir sebab staff called in all the time and i need to totally use my head to get the job done. *Sigh*

Along was laughing when i told her abount me manning HSC. 'Kena downgrade ker apa?' she said jokingly but deep down inside, i had to agree. Yes, it's good that you're exposed to all these and somehow, u learn a great deal of things but at the same time.. Well, u know what i mean. I hope.

We're embarking on Project Garden. What's with the name anyway? The best part is, Bossy Boss totally excludes me from the project! I was not in any of the meetings and agenda - which is good. Then the thought of Project Pyramid struck! I was not in any of the meetings or anything at all but i ended up maintaining the database and payroll related matters. Believe me, i shed some (read: a lot of) tears during this project. Tak payah ceritalah. Lain tahun aje. The scar is still visible. Any wound Bossy Boss had caused never totally healed anyways. Goes without saying.

PWC auditors are all over the office asking for stuff and doing their job damn too well. Now i had to figure out why MMS was short of 2 staff and the cost was down to about $57K in July 2004. The perks of working in HR. People assume u know EVERYTHING when u're in HRIS. Let's see. We had a few people coming in, resigned and yeah, a lot of them transferred. Now where's that calculator?

Just so u know, i have yet to figure that out.


The interesting part!
KK vacation was a blast! A day of shopping at KK town - Philipinne market was one of those places where u really wanna spend the whole roll of hundreds there and then. Enough said. Couldn't bear the thought of leaving the pearls, crystals, wood carvings and everything else just sitting in the shops instead of my crib. Sobs!

Nexus Resort Karambunai was a total bliss! I don't really fancy beaches but Nexus was somehow different. In so many ways! It started with the gorgeous room. The prompt room service (they sent 3 bottles of mineral water just because we had to wait for about 20 mins for the food) and of course the bathtub. This is very important when u have 2 monsters literally born with swim suits!

We spent one whole day in the water - pool and beach. Well, the kids and Deli. I had a good time reading CSI by the beach, under a hut with a packet of pistachio nuts. Deli took a pict of me - dozing off. Luckily he didn't get a shot of my face. I could have sworn i had a smile on my face!



It was a great vacation. One of those places i'm willing to come and visit again. We've been doing this annual vacation for almost 7 years now and i have to say Nexus, along with Riviera Bay Resort and Aseania Resort are worth your dosh and time.

Now, back to reality. I hate Bossy Boss.

4 comments:

Sharina Maamor said...

Nexus huh? hmmm... *deep consideration*

Project Garden... why? why? why? Im having a HELL time up here with me bosses (not one but TWO!) jugak. sampai sakit nih. huhu.

The Star Gazer said...

It was sooo nice! i'm thinking of going there again - seriously!

Too many projects la. We worked our a**es off but in the end, Bossy Boss will get the dept award and all sorts of awards. All the kuli dapat thank you e-mail sahaja. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

huhu, I was at Nexus Karambunai (1 nite) and Sutera Harbor (2 nites) for my second honeymoon.. huhu memang best tempat tu... hehehe can't help but to post my comments kerana mak amat sukaaa tempat tu...

/mummychomel

The Star Gazer said...

MC.. memang cool teramat! I loved it there. Sekarang Nexus dah jadi benchmark for us.. kalau ada yg buleh lawan Nexus, i'll totally blog about it.. :)