Tuesday, November 13, 2007

This Little Girl of Mine

I noticed that she was really concentrating. Her eyes welled and tears trickled quietly down her cheeks.

I was glowing with pride but quickly dismiss the thought of branding a smile. She might misunderstand me.

She didn't realize that I was watching her and continued to be carried away.

I was indeed impressed. How could a 7 year old understands all that? I don't think I could have done the same.

Then she saw me looking at her. She stood up, sat next to me, put her arms around me. Mine on hers. Tears streaming down her cheeks. She said she's sad.

I told her it's okay. It's okay to feel sad or cry. It will soon be over.

True enough, it ended 5 minutes later. She took her be-bear and wiped off her tears.

My daughter cried watching The Joy Luck Club. How can I not be impressed?

Did you cry wtaching the movie?

4 comments:

Leymah Giggs said...

sensitif kakak rupenye..

The Star Gazer said...

tuh ler... ingatkan brutal.. rupa nyer sensitip jugak.. hehehe

nong said...

Awwwww... this is deeeeepppppp...

The Star Gazer said...

Nong, ain't it? sobs..